- Buzz backtrack: the best and worst of September entertainment
- How-to: fix errors on your credit report
- Video: Ashton Kutcher speaks out amid rumors of a split with Demi Moore
- Paris Fashion Week: amazing street style shots
- Which celebrity has your design style?
- Try a tasty new recipe next time you tailgate
- Now you too can have lips like Kourtney Kardashian
- Get fruity: snacks under 200 calories
- Silly goose! See cute photos of majestic geese
- Cable companies may offer à la carte freedom
- Movie boyfriends not worth a second chance
- Prince William wraps up a mission to open the Oak Center For Children with Kate
- PopSugar Chicago: 5 best spots to go apple picking this Fall
- Fall foods the kids will love
Posts for September 29th 2011
When Martha Stewart turns 70, you know it's going to be a fabulous party. Today's episode of The Martha Stewart Show on the Hallmark Channel gives us an inside look at Martha's big bash thrown this Summer by Darcy Miller, celebrations expert for The Martha Stewart Show and editorial director of Martha Stewart Weddings.
Our very own Rebecca Gruber of LilSugar attended the taping and scored some exclusive party pics. Click through for a look at the menu, the sweets, the adorable Scrabble- and puzzle-themed decor, and inspiring yet easy to re-create crafts and favors. Happy birthday, Martha!
Photo by Donna Newman Copyright 2011
We met the 16 Top Chef 9 hopefuls, and now Bravo has released the first promo for the upcoming season, set in Texas and debuting Nov. 2. The teaser doesn't offer too many reveals, though Pee-wee Herman makes an appearance, even if Houston does not. Take a look at the promo and tell us: are you excited to watch the new season or will you skip it?
Feeling the need for one extra cup today? Go ahead and indulge, because today, Sept. 29, is National Coffee Day. Here are five ways to celebrate, so try one or four, depending on your level of sluggishness.
- Enjoy — really enjoy — a cup by following the coffee tasting process employed by the pros. This way, you'll appreciate the complexities rather than just the jolt.
- Free coffee! At 7-Eleven's CofFree Day, get a free medium cup until 11 a.m. Krispy Kreme is also giving away free coffee, no doughnut purchase necessary. But, you know, while you're there . . .
- Speaking of doughnuts, in honor of National Coffee Day, Dunkin' Donuts is hosting an online Chance for StarDDom contest to find the country's most passionate Dunkin' Donuts coffee fan. Enter on DD's Facebook page for a chance to star in a Dunkin' Donuts ad or down free coffee for a year.
- Make coffee ice cream. At least in San Francisco, it's still ice cream weather, so why not have your coffee for dessert?
- Whip up another java-licious recipe. Here are eight recipes with coffee as the secret ingredient.
Source: Flickr User brookpeterson
I hate the nagging feeling that I get when I open my fridge to discover far too many random odds and ends: nubs of cheese, leftover scrambled eggs, chopped herbs, bits of sausage or ham. After all, there's nothing worse than watching food go to waste. Find out what I do to solve this problem after the jump.
Drop your association with salads and Summer by doing as Dara8182 did: mix in fresh Fall ingredients like apples and pecans with a hearty ancient grain like farro.
This delicious salad combines many of fall's best flavors. Nutty farro is healthy and filling and pairs beautifully with crisp apples and fresh pecans.