- Top picks from the Missoni for Target collection!
- How to best enjoy eggplant at the end of the Summer
- Brad and Angelina take their kids to see The Smurfs
- Would you wear Donald Trump nail polish?
- President Obama shares a sweet moment with Sasha
- The maternity clothes that capture Fall's hottest trends
- Prep for Fashion Week with a look at Alexander Wang's runway retrospective
- Seven movie stars you must see on TV this Fall
- Video: Birthday girl Beyoncé's sexiest video moments
- Financial habits for 20-somethings entering the workplace
- Ab exercises to try instead of crunches!
- Toys your pet can use as a water bottle
- City: Find out where Rachel Bilson gets her fresh juice in LA!
- The online tools that will help you plan a unique vacation
Posts for September 5th 2011
Eggplants have had a pretty interesting history. For centuries after their introduction to Europe — the aubergine ancestor actually hails from India— the eggplant was used as a decorative object! It wasn't until the 18th century, that things turned around and eggplant became a delicious garden staple in many of the European cuisines we associate with it today. Not sure where to begin? Read more for tips on how to choose, cook, and prepare eggplant.
We're always looking for new healthy snack ideas and we just found a good one from CheesePlease: roasted chickpeas.
Try this simply and addictive healthy snack! Chickpeas are a great source of protein, folic acid and iron. Roast your chickpeas with this garlic-cumin-sea salt recipe, or a delicious honey-cinnamon version. It's hard to say which one is better. My advice: Make both and you will have options depending on your mood!