- Brightly colored holiday decorations, beyond red and green
- The easiest way to cut a perfect piece of pie
- Why white makeup is an essential item
- Check out all of November's hottest celebrity pictures
- The best funny-lady tweets of the week
- 11 kid-friendly ideas for your holiday cookie exchange
- The must-have moto jackets you need now
- Get to know the new midseason shows
- DIY sparkly spray-painted candles
- Add a jumprope to pump up your workout
- Get Kristen Stewart's plaid pants on sale
- Spotify's top tunes of 2012
- The cutest smushed-face cats on Instagram
Posts for November 29th 2012
To avoid such a mess, start with a sharp chef's knife, and store both the knife and a pie server in boiling water, thoroughly drying them before cutting into the pie. The water will heat the metal, so as you cut, the knife will slightly dissolve the sugars in the pie, making for a clean break.
Try this simple trick: cut two pieces of pie side by side, then use the pie server to scoop out one piece. This allows the slices of pie to be removed more easily. If you're cutting multiple slices, precut the entire pie before using the pie server to scoop the pieces out of the tin.
I'm an avid snacker and a spicy-food devotee, so when we received a shipment of Saffron Road's new line of crunchy chickpeas, it felt as though the stars had aligned. Sustainably farmed, organic, and halal, these nibbles are relatively guilt-free as far as packaged snacks go, so it was with much excitement that I giddily tore open a bag (or three) to share with my officemates.
Crunchy Chickpeas are a new offering from Saffron Road and come in three different flavors: Falafel, Bombay Spice, and Wasabi. Find out what we thought of all the flavors.Falafel
Perhaps the bag we had was a dud, but these falafel-inspired goodies had a slightly stale crunch that put off many tasters. Otherwise we generally appreciated their authentic falafel flavor, moderately intense heat, and pungent spice-coating.
Snack or skip? Snack.
Keep reading to see reviews of the other two flavors.
- New ways to use Old Bay — Grub Street New York
- Japan Airlines will serve KFC on international flights — Eater
- And this is Paula Deen's high school cheerleading pic — Zagat
- Is that $7 cup of coffee at Starbucks worth the price? — Yahoo! Shine
- 15 creamy chicken pot pies — Delish
- Rolled-up pickle steak is a thing — HuffPost Taste
- Must make: crispy brussels sprouts with garlic aioli — Circle of Moms
The old saying about "two's company" is especially true when it comes to staying in shape. Sometimes working out can feel like a chore, but when you also use the time to catch up with a friend, you'll not only make it fun, but also find new ways to motivate and inspire each other.
That's why Sarah nominated her best friend, Candice, as her fitness hero in our recent Reebok Pinspiration Contest. Watch the video below to see how they keep each other moving, get a peek at Sarah's winning inspiration board, and tag along on their recent girls' weekend in NYC, complete with a Reebok shopping spree and the chance to work out at the new Reebok Fit Hub on 5th Ave.
We're in prime apple season, and Yupitsmabel has the perfect muffin for enjoying the juicy Fall fruit!Ready for fall apples!
For the whole story (and the recipe), check out her blog, and then be sure to share your food photos through our Savory Sights community group or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.