- 15 shimmery pieces to kick off the holiday season
- Bring back classic black-and-white decor for your home
- The Obamas celebrate Christmas with Psy, Diana Ross, and more
- Check out how Busy Philipps and more celebs announced their pregnancy
- Deck the halls with a turkey and cranberry wreath
- Get Victoria's Secret Angel hair with tips from their stylist
- Reasons to get excited about Kristen Stewart's new comedy
- Which TV couple do you think had the hottest sexuel tension of 2012?
- Balance your body with back exercises
- Shop Gossip Girl's new season-six wardrobe — even exact pieces
- Things you didn't know about tech pioneer Ada Lovelace
- Behind the scenes at PopSugar and Gap's #gaplove event
- Heartwarming pictures of animals playing in the snow
- 11 items not worth spending the money on
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale wrap up a surprise show with PDA
Posts for December 10th 2012
Question: what cheery holiday dish also happens to make use of last night's leftovers? Answer: a turkey and cranberry wreath! This baked number is not only the perfect showstopper to bring to a Christmas party, but it also comes together in well under an hour. It's our favorite way to use leftover turkey (or chicken) without it feeling like leftovers. Watch the video to learn how.
- The Christmas cookie your friends have never heard of — HuffPost Taste
- Robert Parker steps down as editor in chief of Wine Advocate — Eater
- Details on Michael Chiarello's new Spanish restaurant — Grub Street San Francisco
- 10 gifts you shouldn't give a foodie — Zagat
- At Albertsons, a loaded gun is found in a box of frozen ribs — Delish
- A lighter take on the classic holiday trifle — Tasting Table
- Yes, please: brown butter broccoli spaghetti — Big Girls Small Kitchen
It's the holiday season, and we're getting in the spirit with our fourth annual 18 Days of Holiday Giveaways! Every day for the first 18 days of December, one of the POPSUGAR sites will feature a new fabulous giveaway.For our tenth day of holiday giveaways, we are giving you the opportunity to win one of two Williams-Sonoma Thermo-Clad 10-piece Cookware sets, valued at $800 each.
This giveaway has ended.
After you enter our giveaway above, don't forget to enter PopSugar Shop's giveaway to win a $1,000 gift card to Henri Bendel, BellaSugar's giveaway to win $1,500 to Sephora, CasaSugar's giveaway to win $1,500 in home decor from Anthropologie, CelebStyle's giveaway to win $1,000 to Piperlime.com, PetSugar's giveaway to win one of two $500 gift cards to Wag.com, and ShopStyle's giveaway to win a $5,000 shopping spree to LN-CC.
Just when you thought it wasn't possible, there's a way to get even deeper into the holiday spirit: by shopping for gifts that give back. To do our part, we've gathered items in the food department that everyone on your list is sure to appreciate. While some include cookies and other delicious edibles, don't be surprised by other gifts that can be used all year long and that go toward helping everyone from urban schoolchildren to artisans from around the globe.
While its texture isn't quite the same as minced ginger, ginger juice is literally just juiced and strained gingerroot, so it serves as a near-exact analogue in beverages, anything pureed, or as part of a sauce or marinade. I also like to keep a bottle in my fridge even when ginger is in season for when I only need a small quantity of ginger and don't feel like busting out my Microplane.
Next time you reach for a warm cup of coffee, enjoy a homemade gingersnap cookie, courtesy of GraceDickinson.The Blue Bottle Craft of Coffee: a book for foodies and coffee lovers . . . with a killer gingersnap recipe, too.
For the recipe, check out her blog and then be sure to share your food photos through our Savory Sights community group or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
Like for most new parents, the holidays are especially magical for Amanda Johnson, who is learning to experience the wonder of the season all over again through her son's eyes. Sometimes it's simple to re-create and share cherished memories from her own childhood (new pajamas on Christmas morning!), and sometimes it's not (snow in San Francisco?), but she's making it happen in her own creative way with a hearty dose of inspiration from eBay.
Check out the video above to learn why Amanda relies on eBay during the holiday season and beyond, and get a glimpse of her brilliant bubble-machine "snowfall." Then head on over to eBay to reconnect with the toys and traditions you grew up with — and start sharing them with a new generation!