- 20 books to check out before they arrive in theaters
- Our favorite picks for Winter-white decor
- Spiked and spiced apple cider recipes
- Jennifer Aniston hits the spa as Justin Theroux Christmas shops
- Amazing beauty gifts under $100
- Hostess gifts with vintage flair
- Predictions for Kate Middleton's maternity style
- Irresistible sweater coats to cozy up in this Winter
- Video: Anne Hathaway was "a witch" to husband Adam while filming Les Mis
- DIY colorful cork coasters
- The best fitness DVDs of 2012
- CelebStyle: Shop the latest celebrity must-have pieces
- Tools to export your Instagram photos
- Warm up with some boozy eggnog
Posts for December 18th 2012
You've heard of wine and chocolate together, but how does beer fare? Samuel Adams brewery paired up with TCHO chocolate to create a craft beer and artisanal chocolate pairing to gift to loved ones during the holiday season. Although sold separately, the Samuel Adams Winter Classic Variety ($14 for 12-pack) is intended to complement the flavors found in TCHO: Samuel Adams Beer Lover's Chocolate Box ($17). We tried each of the pairings to see if beer and chocolate really do go well together. Take a look!
Earlier this month we asked you to submit your yummiest photos of holiday baked goods via Instagram, and sure enough, you got busy baking. Take a peek at the most delectable and inspiring dozen, guaranteed to make you want to whip out your whisk!
This was a shocking year for food celebrities, with Paula Deen announcing her controversial diabetes diagnosis, Guy Fieri opening an utterly abhorred restaurant in Times Square, and Anthony Bourdain airing his last season of No Reservations and leaving the Travel Channel. In terms of food politics, who could forget the pink slime controversy, affecting fast-food restaurants across the nation, and Mayor Bloomberg banning extra-large sodas in NYC? It wasn't all about the bad news, though. Julia Child fans across the world cooked through Mastering the Art of French Cooking to commemorate what would have been her 100th birthday!
We've narrowed it down to what we consider to be the top 10 headlines of 2012, but here's where you come in: vote in our poll to decide which news story was the biggest of them all.
If you're looking for a last-minute gift to give to a loved one, why not go for something homemade and delicious? Whether you're looking for a quick and easy project or a more involved afternoon affair, these creative gifts will impress all of your friends and family. Likewise, we have picks for any palate and proclivity, including those with a raging sweet tooth, the salt-obsessed, the boozehound, and more.
- Must make: slightly sweet (and garlic-free) pumpkin hummus — Circle of Moms
- See Danny Bowien, Eric Ripert, and Marcus Samuelsson's Playboy spread — Zagat
- The worst (for you) cookbooks of 2012 — Eater
- From mocha to bacon, 25 novel shortbread recipes — HuffPost Taste
- Why you should try Indian ketchup — Food Republic
- Study says you might actually be addicted to junk food! — Delish
- Tofu lettuce wraps: a reprieve from the indulgent holiday spread — Tasting Table
- An official Game of Thrones Iron Throne Blonde Ale is coming to stores — NY Times
Mix up your usual hot chocolate routine this season with spiced (and spiked) hot apple cider. Warm and cozy, cider is a cold-weather treat that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Simple twists like a hint of orange, a kick of maple, or a sprinkle of sugar will update this Winter drink and keep you warm well into the night. Make a batch for your next dinner party, or simply enjoy a mug during a casual movie night; these five recipes won't disappoint!
'Tis the holiday season, and we have been getting in the holiday spirit with our fourth annual 18 Days of Holiday Giveaways! Every day for the first 18 days of December, one of the POPSUGAR sites has revealed a new amazing prize. Click on the unwrapped presents below to enter to win that site's fabulous prize, but be sure to hurry before time runs out! Good luck!
Day 10: YumSugar — Win One of Two Cookware Sets From Williams-Sonoma
Day 11: PopSugar Shop — Win a $1,000 Gift Card to Henri Bendel
Day 12: BellaSugar — Win $1,500 to Sephora
Day 13: CasaSugar — Win $1,500 in Home Decor From Anthropologie
Day 14: CelebStyle — Win $1,000 to Piperlime.com
Day 15: PetSugar — Win One of Two $500 Gift Cards to Wag.com
Day 16: ShopStyle — Win a $5,000 Shopping Spree to LN-CC
Day 17: FabSugar — Win a $1,000 Shopping Spree to H&M
Day 18: BuzzSugar — Win One of Three Kindle Fire HDs
Perhaps it was an influential trip to farm camp as a youngster, or maybe it was out of sheer stubbornness, but I've only come around to eating red meat in the past few years.
It's easy to understand a deep-seated fear of cruciferous vegetables (I still can't stomach broccoli), gloppy (or velvety, depending on your perspective) mayonnaise, or pungent hard-boiled eggs, but steak-phobia is a tougher sell.
Even the most ardent carnivores will respect one's choice to eschew animal flesh, but I'm still perplexed by my avoidance of red meat (and red meat only). Thankfully I've since learned the err of my ways and have taken to juicy steaks, tender braised short ribs, and silky carpaccio with alarming intensity.
Pint-sized presents ready to be eaten or sipped are the best kind, if you ask us. The great part is that they're appropriate for just about everyone your list, whether it's your mom or your boss. Snap these up before it's too late, and be ready to stuff stockings with some deliciousness.