See the recipe for this delicious and festive dessert.
Posts for December 2012
- Beat cold season with these immune-boosting recipes — HuffPost Taste
- Mission Chinese Food's Szechuan-inspired hot dog — Zagat
- Taste tested: Wendy's new breakfast items — So Good
- Marco Pierre White defends protégé Curtis Stone — Eater
- Is Patrick Dempsey buying Tully's? — Delish
- Stephanie Izard on her new eatery, Little Goat — Grub Street Chicago
- Czech-style cookies for the holidays — Circle of Moms
- It begins like any other winemaking procedure: the grapes (Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, and Chardonnay) are harvested, pressed, and the juice is placed in vats.
- Next yeast is added. The yeast reacts with the sugar in the grapes, and this produces alcohol. This takes about six months. At this point, the wine is flat. Thus begins the second fermentation process that turns it into bubbly.
In the past year, we've hit up a number of events where, aside from tasting a number of memorable dishes, we also got to learn the tips and tricks of our favorite star chefs. Bobby Flay revealed some of his no-fail tricks when it comes to frying chicken, and skinny girl Bethenny Frankel shared her secret behind a fruity sangria. Here, we've rounded up our favorite celebrity-endorsed cooking advice.
- Prep on the weekends. After your weekend trip to the grocery store, wash and prepare your produce for the week ahead. Greens should be rinsed, wrapped in paper towels, and stored in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. If possible, avoid pre-cutting produce, as fruits and vegetables rapidly begin to lose nutrients once they are cut.
- Live by the one-pot meal. Cooking meals in only one pot will help control the mess, which means less clean-up for you! Examples of one-pot meals include paella, casseroles, and chili, among many others.
Keep reading for the recipe.
Despite their simplicity, the triangles are elegant on a cookie plate AND disappear blessedly quickly. You can focus on how nutritious almonds are to lull yourself into cookie complacency, but a cookie isn't Christmas without a hearty dose of butter and sugar, and these are no exception.
For the recipe, check out Fresh Tart, and then be sure to share your food photos in the YumSugar Community or by starting your own blog. If you're on Instagram, then chime in on the conversation with the hashtag #savorysight.
- Kiss-friendly New Year's Eve date ideas
- Workouts for your every mood
- How to go on a digital diet
- The lowdown on Champagnes and sparkling wines
- Adorable pictures of celebs with their furry friends
- Editors share their fashion resolutions for 2013
- Video: The most shocking celebrity couple moments of the year
- How to organize your home, room by room
- Runway hair and makeup looks perfect for New Year's Eve
- Tips for hiring a New Year's Eve babysitter
- Designer Jon Call shares his favorite things
- Work Rihanna's all-black courtside style for day or night
- The biggest movie headlines of 2012
- Eric and Maxwell Johnson hit the beach with the Simpson clan
- A tasty recipe for chicken with olives, oranges, and new potatoes