- Standout accessories we're excited to see in the front rows during Fashion Week
- Would you drink a bacon shake?
- Prince Harry and David Beckham have a hot night out in London
- Celebs are loving Downton Abbey-esque updos
- Gwyneth Paltrow and more celebs who got active to support Planned Parenthood
- Start your party engines! How to throw a Cars-themed bash
- Easy tips to warm up the kitchen of your rental
- What's your take on Madonna's video with Nicki Minaj and M.I.A.?
- Video: Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's sweetest moments
- Can you cash in on Facebook's IPO?
- A workout that can help you get Madonna's arms
- Did your pets get in on the Super Bowl action?
- Geek love: 10 couples from sci-fi and comic books
- Make a typography-inspired Valentine's Day mantel
Posts for February 5th 2012
Bake the shucked oysters in individual ramekins, in a casserole dish, or on the half shell, topped with the bread crumb mix. Whatever method you choose, be sure the oysters are as dry as possible by draining and toweling them off before cooking. If you're cooking them on the half shell, remove the oysters from their shells first, dry them on a towel, and replace them in the shells.
Adapted from The New Orleans Cookbook
1/4 cup salted butter
1/4 cup olive oil
2/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions (green parts only)
1 1/2 pint fresh shucked oysters (about 2 1/2 dozen medium-sized oysters), drained
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Mix in the olive oil and heat a few minutes longer. Add garlic, scallions, and all of the spices, and heat until soft.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix well, then remove the pan from the heat. Place the well-drained oysters in individual ramekins or gratin dishes, in a nine-by-nine-inch casserole dish, or individually on the half shells. Spoon equal portions of the bread crumb mixture over each.
- Bake in a preheated 450ºF oven until the topping is well browned, about 18 minutes. Set on dinner plates and serve immediately.
Serves 6 as a side dish or appetizer.
Are you ready to see the Giants and the Patriots face off once again in next week's ultimate Super Bowl rematch? Well, in preparation for today's major game, don't forget to pull out all the stops in the snack department. Here are a few of our all-time favorites — and for more championship chow, check out the rest of our game day eats, too.
Buffalo Chicken Cheese Dip
Gyro Jalapeño Poppers
Super Sloppy Joes
Spicy Buffalo Wings
Carbonara Potato Skins