- Creative ideas for kitchen organization
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth engaged?
- Add some Brazilian staples to your pantry
- Try out a new braiding technique for your hair
- Birth control kiosks could be heading your way
- Tips for photographing your baby in the hospital
- See the biggest and brightest color trends for Spring 2012
- 10 not to be missed home decor pieces on sale
- Sneak peek: more new pictures for Game of Thrones season two!
- Learn the most common snacking mistakes that lead to weight gain
- Take a tour through the world of Harry Potter
Posts for March 25th 2012
A milky mix of brandy, cream, and creme de cacao, the brandy alexander is often referenced but rarely ordered. Rumored to be a favorite drink of John Lennon's, this classic cocktail has had a song written about it (Feist's "Brandy Alexander"), and in an episode of Mad Men, Peggy orders one to get her through an unsuccessful date.
After hearing so much about brandy alexanders, I finally made one for myself — and quickly drained the glass. Though on the sweeter side, this drink isn't as dessert-like as you might think; with smooth yet potent brandy, it pleases much like a white russian.
1 1/2 ounce brandy
1 ounce dark creme de cacao
1 ounce half-and-half
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine the brandy, creme de cacao, and half-and-half. Shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with the nutmeg.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- Make savory kimchi fried rice this weekend.
- Jump into Spring with salads that use seasonal ingredients.
- Check out all of the unique flavors from Dry Soda and vote for your pick.
- Which coffeemaker do you use?
- Find out what's up next for Fabio Viviani.
- Get primed on the essential ingredients and dishes of Brazilian cuisine.
- Chef Sachin Chopra on the evolution of Indian food in America.
- Eat your way through The Hunger Games.