- Try the season's biggest hair trends before it's too late
- Get the scoop on the best budget wines of Summer
- Tom Brady and pregnant Gisele kiss and cuddle with Jack and Ben
- 29 playdates to spice up your relationship
- Snuggle up in chairs designed with little ones in mind
- Revisit schoolgirl classics with a cool-girl twist
- This spirited home celebrates British patriotism and humour
- 2012 MTV VMAS: watch all the nominated videos
- Robert Pattinson preps for press and Bill Condon speaks out on Kristen's scandal
- Creative uses for tea and tea bags
- Weird Olympic sports that didn't make it to the finals
- CelebStyle: Miley goes grunge in ripped jeans and tan wedges
- Google maps takes a vintage turn
Posts for August 8th 2012
Truth be told, I could easily down a bottle of this wine solo (though I wouldn't recommend that), but I would wager that it would come to life when paired with spicy-sour-sweet Thai food or briny shellfish. I'll be sipping on mine while supping on fruits de la mer — specifically moules à la marinière.
Suffering from empty wine glass syndrome? We can treat that, no problem. This month we put forth our best effort to drink up and make a dent in our rapidly expanding wine collection by sampling one wine every single workday. As a result, we tried a little bit of everything, from German sparkling wine to Central California Riesling. Even though we managed to scale back our overwhelming stash, there is still more (much more!) to try; we'll continue to bring you more reviews, but for now, here's a glimpse at each wine we tried last month.
Our inaugural July POPSUGAR Must Have shipment included the perfect Summer tote, among so many other goodies, and we've loved seeing you share all your pictures with the bag! Whether it's by the pool, at the farmers market, or slung over your shoulder for a beachside bike ride, the classic design and useful details make it ideal for any outing. Share your pictures with us — just remember to use the hashtag #MustHaveBag on Twitter and Instagram — and we may feature you on PopSugar.
In case you don't know about POPSUGAR Must Have yet, every month, Lisa Sugar and the POPSUGAR staff will curate an exciting bag full of fun must-have products from fashion, beauty, home decor, fitness, and more. Our customized bag will include tried-and-true classics, celebrity favorites, and brands you've yet to discover. Sign up for POPSUGAR Must Have now in time for our August shipment!
- See who's returned for The Next Iron Chef: Redemption — Zagat
- 10 twists on ham and cheese — Kitchen Daily
- What, Alice Waters is doing Hyatt kids' menus now? — Eater
- Why XO sauce is the world's most baller condiment — Grub Street NY
- Death Wish coffee has 200 percent more caffeine than Starbucks coffee — Delish
- How filet mignon has a midlife crisis and stops being so boring — Food52
- Soy curls: not your mama's textured protein — The Kitchn
There are a plethora of oils to choose from beyond canola and olive, so tell us: what's your favorite specialty oil, and how do you use it?
With its traditional heaviness, coq au vin may not be thought of as a conventional warm-weather dish, but PaprikaPinot has created a summertime variation of the French favorite.This chicken dish is rich in flavor yet surprisingly light. While red wine is used in the braising liquid, a lighter bodied wine like Pinot Noir is blended with chicken broth to make a lighter Summer variation.
For the full recipe, check out her blog, and be sure to upload your latest food-related obsessions with us in the YumSugar Community. If you're on Instagram, then join us by tagging your pictures with the hashtag #savorysight.