- Ice cream recipes to try before the temperature drops
- See Blake Lively's huge wedding ring
- Moments in hair history that changed the world
- Kate and William share a romantic getaway while lawyers take action
- Sleep chic: new bedding styles just for kids
- The hottest dresses off the NYFW catwalks
- Fall decor under $100
- First look: Gossip Girl's final season
- Video: Jake Gyllenhaal jokes about being a "troubled uncle" and talks family
- Smart saving tips for your next supermarket spree
- The best books on healthy living
- CelebStyle: Celebrities can't get enough of Current/Elloitt — shop exact pieces
- Cute camera straps to layer on
- An unexpected recipe starring hominy
- Partisan paraphernalia for your pet
Posts for September 17th 2012
Kosher wine production is undergoing a renaissance of sorts, yet the framework and guidelines for its production have changed little, and while kashrut law, or Jewish dietary law, can seem very complex, its regulations toward wine production can be distilled into a few key points. See what they are when you keep reading.
- Yes, you can freeze avocados — HuffPost Taste
- Three contestants are left on Top Chef Masters — Zagat
- McDonald's now posting calories to its menu and drive-through — Delish
- Burger chains are getting a little too artsy with their buns — Grub Street NY
- 2012 Emmys: you'll never believe which food shows won (or didn't) — Eater
- Tupperware through the ages — Saveur
- Look! Hash brown waffles — The Kitchn
Whether or not you're celebrating the Jewish New Year, there's reason to give kosher wines a try. Until a few years ago, the Sabbath-observing were limited to little beyond the syrupy Manischewitz, but in recent times, kashrut wines have gone through quite the makeover.
While there is quality kosher wine being made in America, some of the most intriguing wine hails from the homeland itself, in regions such as Israel's Galilee. To show you some of the variety that's coming out of Israel right now, our office previewed a number of wines from Yarden. Keep reading for our tasting notes.
Enjoy the last of the warm weather temperatures on a sweet note — with a scoop (or two) of ice cream! Before the heat officially says goodbye, satisfy your sweet tooth with ice cream and other frozen favorites. Scoop, lick, or pop these frozen novelties before the temperatures start to fall and your Summer favorites are put on hold.
The flavors of Fall always have us (and our taste buds) waiting in anticipation of its arrival. And now that Fall is finally here, so too are seasonal flavors and new combinations of traditional favorites. Take candy corn — the sweet treat making its debut in more than our candy dish this Fall! Mixing with treats like Oreos and M&Ms, we couldn't wait to kick-start the season and try these food fusions for ourselves!
What goes better with a deliciously moist banana cake than fudge frosting? Whipped shares her tasty recipe for this simple but crave-worthy dessert.
This is my favorite cake ever: moist banana layer cake with rich and creamy chocolate fudgy frosting. It's the perfect way to celebrate my birthday this weekend!
For the full recipe, check out her blog and be sure to upload your latest food-related obsessions with us in the YumSugar Community. If you're on Instagram, then join us by tagging your pictures with the hashtag #savorysight.