- Warm up with Winter-friendly soups and stews
- Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough steal a romantic kiss in St. Barts
- At-home manicure must haves under $10
- Palm Springs wedding inspiration
- Sweaters to keep your bump warm this Winter
- Everything you need to know to start off 2013 in style
- Get your greens in with six dinner-worthy salads
- Vases like you've never seen before
- Things you should know about New Girl's Max Greenfield
- Video: Helen Hunt feels "serenity and gratitude" going into award season
- DIY Pinterest boards to follow now
- CelebStyle: Mimic celebrity resort looks
- Get to know the iPhone photography of Brock Davis
Posts for January 6th 2013
January not only signals the start of a new year but also the start of award season! The 2013 Golden Globes are just around the corner, but before the trophies are passed out on Jan. 13, we're giving you a chance to predict the winners. The television- and film-savvy participant who makes the most correct guesses could win $1,500 and an iPad mini!
It's easy to enter:
Step 1: Create or log in to your POPSUGAR account. To become a member, register now for free. (You need to be logged in before you fill out the ballot).
Step 2: Click here to fill out your predictions and submit your ballot. Keep your fingers crossed on Jan. 13 because if you predict the highest number of Golden Globe winners, you could be the lucky winner of $1,500 and an iPad mini!
Pretty easy, huh? Let's see if you've got what it takes to make the most accurate Golden Globes predictions!
To see the official rules, click here.
Salad as a meal might seem better suited to scorching Summer nights, but don't let the gray and gloomy Winter weather dissuade you from tossing together a bowl of vibrant greens. Whether your resolution is to eat more vegetables, live healthier, or you're simply looking for quick and easy (read: weeknight-friendly) dinners in lieu of pricey takeout, the salad bowl is the way to go.
You might not be able to take back all the eggnog, Champagne, ham, and neighbors' cookies you ate during the holidays, but you can start making healthier, lighter choices in 2013 by trying out this menu with those thoughts in mind. Deprivation's not on our list of resolutions. We want you to get all the good stuff: fried chicken, barbecued beans, and even dessert. However, each of these recipes has a little secret — they're all better for you than their original counterparts.
Celery Root and Leek Soup
Modeled after potato and leek soup, the main starch in the soup is actually celery root; also, you won't find any cream acting as a thickening agent. Make the soup even lighter by garnishing it with a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of crème fraîche.
Mayo-Free Waldorf Salad
If you don't like mayonnaise or blue cheese, then you'll appreciate the fact that this updated Waldorf salad is free of those heavy ingredients, traditionally found in the original salad.
Keep on reading for the rest of the menu.