Since the April announcement of 2011's Best New Chefs, the 10 newly anointed honorees had been prepping for a blowout showcase at this year's Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. On Saturday night, the country's top talent showed their innovation and vast diversity with a range of dishes that spanned the gamut from breakfast tacos to brassica with sea lettuce. Curious to know what dishes the year's top 10 new toques created? Keep clicking to find out.
"It's fantastic that Jamie, who champions offal and serves calf's brain ravioli and blood sausage pepperoni pizza, has such a huge following," Food & Wine editor in chief Dana Cowin said in a statement.
The other finalists from each region included the following:
- Midwest: Lee Richardson, Ashley's at the Capital Hotel, Little Rock, AR
- Pacific: Ricardo Zarate, Mo-Chica, Los Angeles, CA
- Southwest: Tim Byres, Smoke, Dallas, TX
- Northwest: Jason Franey, Canlis, Seattle, WA
- Southeast: Bryan Emperor, Kalu, Charlotte, NC
- New York Area: David Felton, Ninety Acres, Peapack-Gladstone, NJ
- Great Lakes: Jose Salazar, The Palace, Cincinnati, OH
- Mid-Atlantic: Kyle Bailey, Birch & Barley, Washington, DC
- Gulf Coast: James Lewis, Bettola, Birmingham, AL
Have you ever tried the food from any of these regional superstars?