While Keller demonstrated the versatility of sweet onion tapenade, cured lemons, and mushroom conserva, he revealed his sense of humor when he spoke about being in the first group of Best New Chefs 22 years ago, preparing a lobster dish that was served in a resident's home. "After 600 lobsters, I'm sure that home was never the same again," he joked. The chef also offered plenty of useful advice. To check it out, keep reading.
Long before Ad Hoc at Home became a holiday pick and bestselling cookbook, Thomas Keller's Ad Hoc restaurant was a go-to Napa Valley spot for family-style comfort food. When the culinary deity first opened Ad Hoc in 2006, he intended for it to be a temporary café until he could nail down what his ultimate dining concept would be. But the restaurant, which served a set, four-course American meal every night, experienced such wild success that it became a permanent fixture. Although Ad Hoc is known for its dinners, I've recently discovered that its Sunday brunch is a better value and more consistent in execution. It's truly worth the 80-minute drive from San Francisco. To see two of my favorite brunches, keep reading.
- An early look at Thomas Keller's upcoming cookbook, Ad Hoc at Home. — Grubstreet
- With stabbing deaths on the rise in the UK, one knife manufacturer has taken matters into his own hands. — Eat Me Daily
- Tickets for October's New York Wine and Food Festival are now on sale. — Eater
- Take a trip to the Big Apple Barbecue Block Party. — Serious Eats
- Find out how the ultimate hostess, Jenn Sbranti, has been spending her Summer. — Hostess With the Mostess
- What does India have to do with India Pale Ale? — Chow
- Semi homemade be gone: Sandra Lee gets a seasonal fresh-ingredient makeover.
- Semi homemade be gone: Sandra Lee gets a seasonal fresh-ingredient makeover. — Eat Me Daily
- Mustard manufacturer Grey Poupon wants Obama to pardon Dijon lovers. — Grubstreet
- Ten food moments from The Office. — Chow
- Be inspired: An adorable owl is a fun theme for a baby shower. — Hostess With the Mostess
- Thomas Keller's casual Napa Valley eatery, Ad Hoc, is now serving breakfast. — Eater SF
- Lemon and basil make a healthy and delicious pasta salad. — Serious Eats
- Menus and party plans inspired by your favorite television shows. — The Epi-Log