Nothing cures a hangover like a bacon and egg sandwich!
Nothing cures a hangover like a bacon and egg sandwich! This is my current favorite recipe: it's a mixture of bacon, onion, and eggs piled high on bread. It's simple but absolutely delicious. The fluffy eggs complement the sweet caramelized onions and salty crispy bacon that's surrounded by warm bread with a soft exterior and crunchy interior. For a little kick, add Tapatío or your preferred hot sauce. The original recipe calls for a loaf of ciabatta, however, you can use whatever bread you have on hand. Also, feel free to adapt the method to suit your needs. Vegetarian? Omit the bacon. Don't have aged cheddar on hand? Substitute parmesan or monterey jack. Ready to fill up on this finger-licking good brunch dish? Read more.
As the days grow longer, the food and wine agenda just gets larger.
As the days grow longer, the food and wine agenda just gets larger. Keep your calendar full with unique regional celebrations of everything from butter and eggs to pickles and Vidalia onions.
Where are you hankering to go this week? Let us know in the comments below!
- Menlo Park, CA: Paso Robles Wine Country Grand Tasting Tour — April 21-23
- Dallas, TX: Dallas Wine & Food Festival — April 21-25
- San Francisco, CA: Wine Enthusiast Toast of the Town — April 22
- Vidalia, GA: Vidalia Onion Festival — April 22-25
- San Francisco, CA: Bromberg Brothers Blue Ribbon Cooking Demonstration — April 23
- Newport Beach, CA: Taste of the Nation Orange County — April 23
- Mount Olive, NC: NC Pickle Festival — April 23-24
- Petaluma, CA: Butter & Egg Days — April 24
- Portland, OR: Taste of the Nation Portland — April 26
- Princeton, NJ: Taste of the Nation Princeton — April 26