These deep-fried packages of goodness are filled with a rich kumquat dark chocolate. The rolls can be made in advance and are easily fried just before eating. To check out the delectable recipe I plan on using, read more
Up the vegetable quotient by adding frozen carrots and corn. Or, to make it more substantial, serve this fried rice with a skillet-fried egg on top. For the recipe, read more.
Normally I order takeout at least once a week, but this month I'm on a tighter budget, so I'll take a different route and try to make a home-cooked rendition of this choice restaurant dish.
Not only am I saving money by using up the rest of yesterday's chicken, but I'm also going to lighten it up by eliminating the need for a deep-fryer — and I'll have dinner on the table in well under an hour. Make the recipe tonight.
A quick and simple slaw consisting of napa cabbage, scallions, and soy sauce is an ideal crunchy companion to the dish. If you can't find snapper, substitute another firm-fleshed fish. To get the recipe keep reading.
The five spices — cinnamon, cloves, star anise, Szechuan peppercorns, and either fennel seed or ginger — are employed based on the Chinese philosophy of balancing the yin and yang in food. The powder is used to flavor dishes from Cantonese roasted duck to beef stew.
There are few entrées that engage the senses quite like Peking duck, with its shimmery, crackling skin, which gets rolled up with sweet hoisin sauce and fragrant scallions in a steaming-hot pancake. This imperial duck dish takes a long time to make, but I've found a variation with chicken, plums, and tortillas that's a fraction of the prep time. Get the super simple recipe now.
- Chinese noodles are a simple and delicious meal.— Cooking With Amy
- Costco is now accepting food stamps at two New York City locations. — Serious Eats
- A new movie, Fresh, puts the food industry into perspective. — Epicurious
- Should teens be taught more about alcohol? — Alcademics
- Don't miss this crazy video of the 2009 Cheese Roll. — Eat Me Daily
- Move over margarita, here's 10 other tequila cocktails to enjoy this Summer. — Chow
- The latest on the frozen yogurt front: the Pinkberry Fruit Parfait. — Eater
- Wouldn't you love to eat at this pork party for the ages? — The Feedbag