- Introducing the newest must-have wine application for your iPhone. — Nirvino
- Fabio Viviani's cookbook by the numbers. — Eat Me Daily
- Here are 21 tasty bar snack recipes. — Chow
- Everything you need to know about buying sustainable seafood. — Sunset
- Eight common fast foods you should avoid. — SF Weekly
- Michael Pollan's next mission: reform health care. — Grub Street
- The real reason Hector was kicked off of Top Chef? His thermometer didn't work.— The Feedbag
- Is it OK to serve pesto at a dinner party? — The Epi-Log
- This lavender honey spice cake is seriously Italian. — Serious Eats
- Eater is expanding and looking for bloggers/photographers in a city near you. — Eater
Recently I attended a dinner party that started at 7:00. The hostess was having a culinary student cook the meal for me and 11 other guests. However, he was totally unprepared and I ended up helping in the kitchen the entire night. He chose a complicated menu that wasn't ready until 11:30! While I've been a witness to every type of party foul from one sided introductions to a lack of utensils, this was by far the worst! Having to wait three and a half hours till dinner is totally unacceptable.
Now that I got that off my chest, I invite you to do the same, readers. I'm sure you've seen plenty of bad behavior and ill etiquette, so do tell: what's the worst dinner party foul you've observed?