Sure, your Easter eggs might be colored bright pink or have flower stickers on them, but that doesn't mean you have to throw them out. Whip up delicious dishes with these ideas on how to prepare them — grated, stuffed, you name it. Click on and get cracking.
If you're responsible for bringing the dessert to a bridal shower, look no further than this decadent, special occasion treat which feeds a large group of people. Petit fours are miniature layered cakes that take a long time to prepare, but as all will attest, they are so worth it. These are taller than your average petit four, but that's because there are four layers of sour cream-cheese pound cake with sweet cherry preserves filling. The bride and the rest of her party are sure to love the towering tiers of sweetness. To see how it's done, in photos, keep reading.
With Spring in the air, 'tis the season for pastel shades. If you're like us, then you may have shied away from pale hues in the past for fear of turning your home into one giant nursery, but the contemporary shapes and cool, eclectic designs of these pieces offer a more polished spin on pastels. To brighten your space and channel a fresh, season-appropriate style, check out these beautiful pastel picks in a range of softer shades!
Now that Easter's over, you may find yourself drowning in too much leftover candy. Let's face it: Peeps — those sugar-coated, adorable animal marshmallows — are easy to get carried away with. The good news? People love to make creative things with them as much as they enjoy eating them! We've searched the Internet for the coolest ways to use Peeps and rounded them up here. From Peeps sushi to Peeps brownies, keep reading to see the most interesting ways to make use of this springtime candy.
It was a busy holiday weekend for many of our favorite stars as they celebrated with family and friends. Halle Berry took Nahla on an Easter egg hunt in Hawaii while Hilary Duff, Mike Comrie, and Luca spent the holiday with her sister, Haylie Duff. Meanwhile, Katy Perry got in the family spirit by spending the day with her cousin Kai, and Diddy earned major dad points by dressing up as the Easter Bunny to entertain his kids. Click through to see what everyone else was up to over the busy weekend!
Candlelit vigils, costume parades, a White House egg roll, and Seder feasts are just a few of the many religious and traditional celebrations that took place in honor of Passover and Easter. World leaders like Queen Elizabeth II and President Barack Obama (even Kid President!) were involved in festivities, and the holiday was especially important to Pope Francis, who led Easter services for the very first time as Pope. See this year's colorful, sacred, and egg-filled Spring holiday celebrations around the world now!
Jessica Alba styled up pastels for Easter Sunday along with her husband, Cash Warren, and their two daughters, Honor and Haven! The family of four looked adorable yesterday wearing head-to-toe pastel outfits. Jessica went for peach, Cash looked stylish in baby blues, while their girls hunted for Easter eggs and hopped around in lilac and pink. Watch today's Fashion Flash to see it all! On Allison McNamara: Robert Rodriguez top, Cameo pants, Vita Fede bracelets.
Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise celebrated Easter with a trip to the Four Seasons hotel in NYC yesterday. They were both dressed for the holiday, with Katie wearing a bright pink skirt and Suri donning a white tutu and sparkly shoes. Suri Cruise cut her bangs last week, but swept her new style to the side for her Spring outfit. The pair are back in their home base in NYC after a Spring break trip to Disney World. Katie's little one dressed up in a princess costume as they rode a carousel and visited other attractions at the Florida park. Now that Spring break is over, Suri will return to school in the Big Apple.
Britney Spears wore a black lace dress and booties for Easter services at a church in Kentwood, LA, today. It was a family affair with Britney's boys, Sean Preston and Jayden James; Lynne Spears; and Jamie Lynn and her daughter, Maddie, all joining in for the Sunday service. On Saturday, Britney and Jamie Lynn picked up Easter goodies at a Walmart and later attended an Easter egg hunt. Britney and her sons traveled back to her hometown last week with Britney's dad, Jamie, though it doesn't look like her new boyfriend, David Lucado, made the trip.
Easter is a day of celebration and indulgence in wine, red meats, and sugary sweets. While it's easy to go overboard in the Easter feast, it's all about balance. Yes, you are allowed your Cadbury Creme Eggs, but use these tips to keep you from completely falling off your diet plan.
- Start with the real breakfast of champions: You may not be able to control what's served at the brunch table, but you certainly can control what you eat when you wake up. Make a giant green smoothie or juice, to load up on nutrients and filling fiber.
- Drink plenty of water: Place thin cucumber and lemon slices in your water glass for a liver-detoxing and digestion-aiding beverage.
- Fill up on veggies: Before you dive into the cheese plate or Easter basket full of candy, munch on a plate full of veggie sticks or salad. The fiber will fill you up, so you are less inclined to overindulge in the bad stuff.
- Remember your serving sizes: Serve half of the plate with veggies, a quarter with grains, and a quarter with protein. If you prefer stricter measurements, forget the cups and teaspoons, and use your hand as a measuring cup. One thumb equals one serving of cheese. An open palm equals one serving of meat. A closed fist is one serving of fruit or vegetables. A cupped hand is one serving of grains.
- Enjoy bread and candy last: After you've filled up on veggies and protein, then enjoy the bread and butter, Peeps, jellybeans, or chocolate-covered caramels. While it's tempting to inhale five or six candies in one sitting, slow down and thoroughly savor each bite.