Here's a dish you'll want to cozy up to: Swedish meatballs. Tender, meaty, and slicked with caramel-hued gravy, this traditional Scandinavian dish will serve you well during the dark days of Fall and Winter. Watch the video to learn the secrets to this satisfying recipe, and then print out the recipe.
Roast turkey and maybe even a honey-glazed ham are a given at Thanksgiving, but what if you're a vegetarian or hosting one at your Thanksgiving table? Enter this showstopping pumpkin tian — essentially a savory custard — from John Besh's much-anticipated new cookbook, Cooking From the Heart.
Far more simple to prepare than its dramatic presentation would suggest, this rich, eggy dish deserves a spot at your holiday table, dietary restrictions or not. I know I'll be giving it at least one more go this Fall. Get the elegant recipe.
Sure, Summer may be considered the most snap-worthy season of them all, what with vacations and beach time galore. But Fall is equally as deserving. Just think of all the beautiful leaves and holiday adventures waiting to be photographed. Before time slips away and you're hearing "ho ho ho" instead of "trick or treat," get that camera ready and start shooting. Ahead, we've rounded up all the photos you're going to want to take and share with all friends and followers. Happy snapping!
Who doesn't love a hoodie? You can bundle up in one at home, use it as an extra layer during an outdoor workout, or cover up in one after leaving a yoga class. With so many practical uses, hoodies are perfect for Fall; let's be real, you can never have — or give! — too many of them!
— Additional reporting by Emily Bibb
This year, don't spend countless hours deliberating over what should go into your Thanksgiving food spread only to overlook what you'll be drinking; after all, the wines served can make or break your turkey day feast.
For the ultimate holiday food and wine pairing guide, we consulted wine expert Eugenio Jardim, who offered his favorite accompaniments for every classic dish, from mashed potatoes and gravy to pumpkin pie. Want to be sure this year's your best Thanksgiving ever? Then keep reading for some of Eugenio's suggestions.
1. Protect Chapped, Dry Skin
- Hydrate and Moisturize: French brand Mustela has been creating specially formulated skin and body care products for babies and expectant moms for more than 60 years. Its line of Hydra-Bebe face cream and body lotions provides excellent options for preventing and treating dry, chapped skin. There's even a Hydra Stick that's perfect for on-the-go protection!
- Switch Up the Bath-Time Routine: If you normally give your baby a daily bath, alternate to an every other day (or even less frequent) schedule to prevent drying. When it is bath time, use products that are especially designed for sensitive skin. You can also add a bit of oatmeal to the tub, as it offers soothing properties. When you take your baby out of the tub, pat his skin dry instead of rubbing it with a towel.
If the pitter-patter of little feet is the constant soundtrack to your life at home, you'll want to keep 'em warm all season long. From the sophisticated and sweet to the cute and cozy, we've found 10 adorable pairs of slippers sure to keep small soles under wraps. Click through and find a favorite pair for your little one!
When tech gear meets Fall, magic ensues. Case in point: cases, sleeves, and headphones (yes, headphones!) in true Pendleton style. Thanks to the warn wool material and rich design of the legendary outdoorsy brand, there's no better trend to, er, fall for this season. Shop our favorite picks now!
- The brown and red tones of this ereader case ($68) are seasonal perfection.
- We bet you'll be the only one at the office rocking these cool, eclectic headphones ($80).
- Your phone will stay snuggled and protected when you use this colorful iPhone sleeve ($15).
- This woven etablet cover ($68) is the perfect accessory for when you cozy up to read by the fire.
- Don't forget about your laptop! This purple wool case ($55) will spruce up your 13-inch Macbook Air.
Elbow patches are one of those details that are subtle yet evident of major style. And the great thing is that is that when it comes to kids clothes, they're not just preppy — in fact, you'll find fun patches in different colors and shapes on everything from sweaters and t-shirts to jackets. Still not convinced? Take a look at our picks, and just try not to snatch up every single one.
More than just a trend, tweed adds an element of traditionalism to your Fall or Winter wardrobe. We love the look for everyone from babies to big kids (and, let's be honest, even ourselves), and searched some of our favorite brands to see what they had in store for the season. Click through and find the perfect tweed piece for your chic tot!