To see what I did sample, read more.
This year for the very first time ever, I will be attending the Food Network's annual festival in South Beach, Florida. I've been wanting to go to SOBE since YumSugar launched back in 2006, so I am totally excited! To prepare myself, I thought I would take a closer look at the event. Here you will find out more details, which seminars, tastings, and parties I will be at.
For many, corn boils and clambakes are the highlights of the season. But others look forward to very different Summer festivities — like the La Tomatina in Valencia, Spain. Yesterday, the town of Buñol, Spain (population: 9,000), held its annual world-famous tomato food fight.
The event, which is on the last Wednesday in August, is an all-out escapade that involves more than 100 tons of overripe tomatoes, draws over 40,000 visitors from around the world, and spares absolutely no one.
To learn more about it and check out a gallery of images, read more
Take the Quiz
I learned a great deal during my experience at Slow Food Nation — not just about sustainable eating, but also all about gourmet food in general, from rice to coffee. To share all my foodie facts with you, I've put together a fun quiz. How much might you learn? There's only one way to find out!
One of the main events of last weekend's Slow Food Nation was the Marketplace, a farmers market where the public could buy produce directly from producers. Farmers from 30 different counties in California were on-hand to sell everything from mushrooms to vinegar. Check out some of my favorite moments here.
One of my favorite attractions at this weekend's Slow Food Nation was Slow on the Go, the tented market where vendors sold gourmet, ready-to-eat food. Like street food, the offerings were served out of carts and stands, but unlike typical fare, signs explained exactly where each ingredient was from. Here are a few of my favorite moments.
This Saturday is the Summer solstice, and if you're looking for a way to enjoy the longest day of the year, there are still oodles of food festivals happening all over the country. Strawberry season is in full force, peaches are popping up in Alabama, and a massive barbecue competition is going down in our nation's capital. Take a look at some of the best fests happening in the next week.
- Costa Mesa, CA: Summer Food & Wine Festival — June 19
- Cincinnati, OH: National Homebrewers Conference — June 19-21
- Brooklyn Park, MN: Tater Days — June 19-22
- Fort Wayne, IN: BBQ Ribfest — June 19-22
- Wisconsin Rapids, WI: Cranberry Blossom Festival — June 19-22
- Norfolk, VA: Bayou Boogaloo and Cajun Food Festival — June 19-22
- Burgaw, NC: North Carolina Blueberry Festival — June 20-21
- Glenwood Springs, CO: Strawberry Days — June 20-22
- Clayton, NY: Great New York State Food and Wine Festival — June 20-22
- Champaign, IL: Taste of Champaign-Urbana — June 20-22
- Long Grove, IL: Long Grove Strawberry Festival — June 20-22
- Clanton, AL : Chilton County Peach Festival — June 20-28
- Washington, DC: Safeway 16th Annual National Capital Barbecue Battle — June 21-22
More local food events, so read more