This past weekend saw the third annual San Francisco Street Food Festival, a gathering of San Francisco's most sought-after street merchants, food trucks, and restaurants, organized by nonprofit incubator kitchen La Cocina. The occasion — "a celebration of vendors and entrepreneurship," according to the organization — helped increase awareness (and funds) for up-and-coming food businesses. It was also just plain delicious. See what you missed when you click through.
The site will be an "online market" that offers "exceptional artisan foods with stories and recipes from the experts." Old Gourmet senior writer Francis Lam, who currently oversees Salon's food site, is said to be joining Reichl at Gilt Taste. There's no doubt that power duo will create a buzz-worthy, excellently written and curated food site. I'm excited to check it out when it launches in late Spring.
- Ten no-labor Labor Day appetizer ideas.
- Ten no-labor Labor Day appetizer ideas. — Serious Eats
- Chatting with Salon's Francis Lam. — Eater
- Do you know any foochebags? — Feast
- A preview of the restaurants opening this Fall in San Francisco. — Grub Street SF
- Are you interested in a Twitter cookbook? — The Epi-Log
- What to cook on a third date. — Chow
- Meet the chickens that live on the rooftops of Brooklyn. — The Atlantic
- The pleasures of a homemade breakfast salad. — The Kitchn