Sandra Bullock held hands with her little man Louis last night leaving a Halloween party in LA. Louis stepped out in a Buzz Lightyear costume while Sandra dressed as Cowgirl Jessie, both popular characters from the Toy Story franchise. They were just two of the famous faces who celebrated Halloween. Across the pond, Gwen Stefani and Kate Moss got into the spirit of the holiday while other stars like Rihanna, Robert Pattinson, and Kristen Stewart partied in LA. The spookiest holiday of the year has come and gone, but before you pack up your spiderwebs, cat ears, and fake blood, be sure to check out our roundup of this year's best celebrity costumes!
We know you found the perfect pumpkin in our last Instagram challenge, so now we want to see all of your adorable Halloween costume pictures! From celebrating at All Hallows' Eve parties to heading out for a night of trick-or-treating fun, we hope you grabbed your phone, and snapped pictures of your tot dressed in Halloween garb. Now it's time to upload them to Instagram — being sure to include the hashtag #lilsugar in your caption. We want to see all the cute and spook-tacular lil goblins.
We'll pick our favorites and share them back here on LilSugar in the coming days. And make sure to follow LilSugar on Instagram (username: lilsugar1) for daily parenthood inspiration!
For most on the East Coast, Frankenstorm has pretty much upstaged Halloween. After all, it doesn't get much scarier than the full-on force of Mother Nature at her very worst. But just in case you're in need of a little escapism — or are lucky enough to have missed the hurricane-superstorm madness altogether — why not soak up some All Hallows' Eve spirit? From Julia Restoin Roitfeld's sexy superhero getup to Anna Dello Russo's spectacular "icon" ensemble, here's a peek at how some of our favorite industry insiders have been celebrating the season — with more goodies to come as the day goes on.
The witching hour came and went — but left quite a few celebrity looks in its wake. Unlike the red carpets and premieres we're used to, Halloween brought out a whole new range of celebrity looks. From the spooky, sexy, and downright ghoulish, we spotted a slew of our favorite celebs getting in on all of the Halloween costume fun. Some starlets you may recognize — Stacy Keibler gave us a glam take on masquerade — and some not so much, like Fergie in her Angelyne getup. You'll see a little bit of everything inside, from the zaniest wigs, to the most convincing Bonnie and Clyde duo, to one Daryl Hannah-esque mermaid. Keep clicking for a celeb costume recap, fresh off the heels of Halloween night.
We're happy to present this article from our partner site Yahoo! Shine:
An Illinois school district is banning Halloween this year in what the superintendent says is an effort to address low test scores and avoid cultural and religious conflict.
But parents aren't pleased — and not just because they'll be dealing with disappointed kids. Shepherd made the decision in early October without allowing parents to weigh in, saying that asking the community for input would have been a waste of time.
"We knew what their response would be," he said. "We know they would feel strongly [about banning Halloween in the school district]. So, the reason we didn't go forward with the community hearings is because we knew they would be upset."
Instead, he sent out a letter saying that the decision had been made.
The frenzy of Halloween indulgence has come and gone, and between office-party punch and sweet treats, you're nursing one huge sugar hangover. One thing's for sure: leftover Halloween candy has got to go! If that candy corn and those Snickers were originally destined for the garbage, then consider some other uses that won't make you feel as though you're sending your money along with it. Here are nine better ways to use up uneaten candy that won't make you feel ghoulish.
Source: Etsy seller KnotTheOrdinary
All the news bits fit to print, here in our daily roundup.
- In the wake of Sandy, Heidi Klum has decided to cancel her annual Halloween party. "Hope you & your loved ones are safe after the storm. Canceling my Halloween party...postponing to a haunted Christmas," Klum tweeted. [Twitter]
- Rumor has it L'Wren Scott might be designing Angelina Jolie's wedding dress. [Grazia UK]
- Delfina Delettrez has designed a capsule collection consisting of two earrings and one necklace exclusively for yoox.com. [The New Yooxer]
- Caroline Issa will design a capsule collection for L.K. Bennett. Available Feb. 19, it will consist of sandals, stilettos, boots, loafers, kitten heels, and two clutches — eight pieces in total — and will be priced from $395 to $440. [WWD]
- Miuccia Prada has invested €40 million on a luxury yacht. The 22-foot maxi catamaran will compete in next year's America's Cup race. [Vogue UK]
- Zoe Saldana and Orlando Bloom have handpicked some of their favorite home decor items and are offering them up for sale with a portion of the proceeds going to charity. Among the pieces available: a Herman Miller Eames armchair for $450, a Gus Modern tufted sofa for $2,999, and a Corrales Brindle cowhide rug for $228. [W]
- Louis Vuitton will release a new "multimedia" ad campaign dedicated to the art of travel in mid-November. Titled "l'Intivation au voyage," the campaign was shot at the Louvre by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin and will star Arizona Muse. [WWD]
Horns and a tail? So last-year's-devil. This Halloween, some well-applied makeup is all the costume you need. MAC Senior Artist Louise Zizzo created this sultry, fiery devil by using waterproof and sweatproof makeup — so it'll last well past the witching hour. Let her expertise inspire you, throw on a red dress, and you're good to go.
The cold weather is kicking in, and now we're reaching for cozy sweaters to stay warm! That being said, sweaters can be tricky to style — you want to look pulled together while still beating the cold. Cue Rachel Zoe and Emma Roberts, who were both spotted sporting comfy knits in LA yesterday. Rachel went for a really oversize silhouette that she cinched with an unexpected (and stylish) fanny pack, while Emma reached for a soft pullover in a muted pink hue. Watch today's Fab Flash for all the details! On Allison: J.Crew sweater, Erickson Beamon necklace.
Earlier this month, we gave you all some ideas for a Fifty Shades of Grey Halloween costume inspired by the bestselling erotica book series. And it looked like this Halloween, all things Fifty were as hot as Christian Grey himself. Women, couples, and groups of girlfriends completed their Fifty Shades costumes with handcuffs, masks, gray clothing, and other sexy accessories to channel their inner Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey. Then of course things got punny with plays on "shades" and lots of gray paint chips. See the most creative, sexy, and fun ways people got their Fifty on this Halloween now!