I'm sure it comes as no surprise that we adore the Barefoot Contessa. Over the years, we've been delighted by the beautiful recipes Ina Garten has developed in her picturesque Hamptons kitchen. There's something so cool, calming, and collected about her. After all, Ina's confident and comforting cooking style has become a Food Network sensation! Today, we're celebrating the Contessa with 10 of her recipes that we absolutely love.
Over the weekend I made a batch of the thick, creamy, rich cheese and was shocked by the recipe's simplicity. All you have to do is bring milk, cream, and salt to a boil, add some vinegar, and strain the mixture. It was so uncomplicated that in the future I'm going to make ricotta instead of buying it. Serve on crostini for an effortless appetizer or use in a recipe like pizza or lasagna. Learn the method now.
- Gwyneth Paltrow is rumored to be starting up her own food magazine. — New York Post
- A first look at Denny's seven-item Baconalia menu. — Serious Eats
- Create a lavish royal wedding party with these 22 canapés. — Daily Dish
- The Starbucks CEO's new memoir stinks with the "smell of self-congratulation." — Wall Street Journal
- Nothing's certain, but Eataly could expand to Los Angeles. — Grub Street LA
- Make your own strawberry milk. — The Kitchn
- Bizarre food, indeed: Andrew Zimmern won't eat walnuts. — Eater
- Ina Garten won't be visiting that child with cancer after all. — TMZ
Update: It turns out that Garten wasn't aware of the boy's request and she has agreed to meet with him and his family!
I whipped these delicious crepes up this Sunday and was very pleased with the outcome. Perfect for a quiet morning with family.
To check out the recipe she used, head over to her OnSugar blog. And if you're looking for more culinary inspiration, get on board with the Savory Sights group in our YumSugar Community! Upload something awe-inspiring, and it may just appear here.
- Taste tested: Taco Bell's Beefy Crunch Burrito. — Serious Eats
- Even without access to LA school cafeterias, Jamie Oliver pushes on. — Eater
- Ruth Reichl and Alice Waters will host the first Good Food Awards this weekend. — Grub Street SF
- Dining at Ina Garten's house. — The Hungry Beast
- Sustainable seafood ratings: are they all just marketing baloney? — Salon Food
- Warm up this Winter with an authentic Swiss meal, raclette. — Huffington Post Food
- Animal rights activists have sued the USDA over the food pyramid. — Slashfood
- New in Japan: the McDonald's Miami Burger. — Riptide 2.0
- Thanksgiving: a guide for beginners.
- Thanksgiving: a guide for beginners. — Chow
- Whatever, Domino's! Papa John's one-ups with a double bacon, six cheese pizza. — Eater
- Top Chef: Just Dessert's Yigit Pura will open a dessert shop in San Francisco. — Grub Street SF
- How to make your turkey day feast diabetic-friendly. — Serious Eats
- Must-make: crackly caramelized doughnuts. — Salon Food
- With Red Delicious apples occupying 40 percent of the market, heirloom apples are a dying breed. — The Atlantic Food
- Ina Garten's Thanksgiving recipes from Google. — Google