It's time to bust out jars of your favorite jams, jellies, and preserves — even Nutella — as we're making homemade Pop-Tarts on the latest episode of Just Add Sugar, and the flavor possibilities are practically limitless. Watch the video to learn the simple technique, then get baking, decorating (extra points for rainbow sprinkles!), and admiring your handiwork. This is one must-make breakfast treat.
YumSugar Community member Angelica discovered the unthinkable: deep-fried Pop Tarts. Do you have an image of something delicious that you recently made or enjoyed? If so, be sure to upload it in the Savory Sights group in our YumSugar Community!
From The Candyman shop in Seaside, Oregon. Cause Pop Tarts totally need to be fried.
- Is it time to put the cupcake out to pasture? — Huffington Post Food
- A survival guide for San Francisco's many August food festivals. — Grub Street SF
- How to make a Spanish tortilla. — Serious Eats
- Delicious Italian recipes from the Franks. — Chow
- One lady has a meltdown because McDonald's refuses to give her chicken McNuggets. — Eatocracy
- The care and drying of salad greens. — The Epi-Log
- Behold: New York's first ever Pop-Tart bakery. — Eater NY
- Are edible flowers the next big thing?
- Are edible flowers the next big thing? — The Atlantic
- Learn how to make ricotta gnocchi — Grub Street SF
- Five places to eat when traveling through Italy. — Eatocracy
- Whole-grain baking isn't just for hippies. — Chow
- Do or Don't: Cooking food for your own wedding? — The Epi-Log
- Pop-Tarts is opening its first ever cafe in Times Square. — Eater NY
- Must make: spicy tomato jam. — Serious Eats
Source: Flickr User askabir
- The hottest chef at last weekend's food festival in San Francisco?
- The hottest chef at last weekend's food festival in San Francisco? DJ Hubert Keller. — Eater SF
- How to start your own food truck. — Grub Street
- If you love Pop Tarts, you'll enjoy this Pop Tart art. — Eat Me Daily
- Taste test: milk chocolate bars. — Serious Eats
- Where to taste wine while traveling in Sonoma. — Chow
- Are you America's best home cook? Enter this contest and you could win big. — Food & Wine
- Kelly Choi just got a little more ridiculous: here she is dressed up as Catwoman. — The Feedbag
- The latest trend to hit the beverage scene is old-fashioned root beer. — Bon Appétit