There's no better meal than roast chicken. After all, chicken is the go-to protein for many of you, and well, what's easier to enjoy than a plump rotisserie? While I love savoring the chicken's crispy skin and succulent meat right out of the rotisserie oven, here are a few ways I also incorporate it into my weeknight meals.
Chicken — it's what's for dinner . . . a few nights a week! When time is of the essence and there are hungry mouths to feed, mama needs a few tricks up her sleeve to get dinner on the table. Takeout may be fast, but it takes a toll on the wallet. Rotisserie chicken — be it the $6 kind from Costco or a $20 version from a gourmet shop — gives moms endless options for providing the family with a nutritious meal. Here are 10 kid-friendly ways to serve up the dinnertime staple without it ever feeling old.
- Chicken Pot Pie: The favorite comfort food can be whipped up over the weekend and reheated on a busy school night.
- Rotisserie Chicken with Dried Fruit and Pine Nuts : The sweet addition of dried fruit will win over picky eaters who shun the protein.
- Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas: This south-of-the-border dish sneaks in iron-rich spinach hidden beneath melted cheese.
- Chicken Pita Pockets: Cold sandwiches are ideal for families who squeeze in dinner between soccer practice and homework.
- Chicken and Mozzarella Panini: These warm, pressed sandwiches also pack well for school lunches.
To see the rest of our rotisserie chicken meals, read more
Store-bought rotisserie chicken is one of the tastiest culinary shortcuts around. It's incredibly moist and flavorful, but all you have to do to prepare it is pull the meat off the bird. Since I love leftover sandwiches, I combined my current passion for chutney and bread-and-butter pickles with some excess chicken from a recent dinner.
The mango chutney, salty-sweet pickles, and smoky chicken come together to create a perfectly provocative bite, while the melted swiss and sprouts hold the potentially slippery sandwich in place. It's a ridiculously easy meal you can make in minutes, but the flavors are anything but simple. To get the recipe and step-by-step photos, read more