San Francisco Cocktail Week started five years ago as a way to honor the heritage of America's colorful cocktail culture, both in the Bay Area and elsewhere. The weeklong festivities are filled with parties, cocktail-making classes, and historical seminars.
Can't make it to San Francisco? I'll be here to report back what I learn on everything, whether it's how to sip tequila or the science behind tasting cocktails. To poise myself for next week's rigorous bar exams, I hunkered down with the Cointreau Cup, one of the official cocktails of next week's event. With its floral aromas and slight effervescence, it was perfect for this time of year. To see the recipe, keep reading.
As for us, we'll be occupied with our Left Coast version of cocktail week, where the town's top startenders will shake and swizzle their way into our hearts. (That should be easy.) What are you up to? Let us know in the comments below!
- San Diego, CA: San Diego Restaurant Week — Sept. 19-24
- San Francisco, CA: San Francisco Cocktail Week — Sept. 21-27
- New York, NY: StarChefs Rising Stars Revue — Sept. 22
- New York, NY: Denver Five at the Beard House — Sept. 22
- New York, NY: Joy of Sake — Sept. 23
- Los Angeles, CA: Feast of San Gennaro — Sept. 23
- London, KY: World Chicken Festival — Sept. 23-26
- Chicago, IL: Chicago Gourmet — Sept. 24-26
- Napa, CA: Primal Napa — Sept. 25
- Minneapolis, MN: Taste of the Nation Minneapolis — Sept. 26