Sure, rattan furniture had its biggest moment in the late '80s, but if you still associate it with The Golden Girls, then you're missing out. Made from fibrous palms, rattan's durable, textural nature is ideal for adding a dose of warmth to a room and is more stylistically adaptable than you may think. Instead of heavy furniture sets, though, we're honing in on sleeker accent pieces, like Serena & Lily's South Seas Bar Cart ($395).
Treat it as a portable console by styling it with trays, linens, and decorative objects in addition to booze and glassware. We'll show you how this bar cart can transition from bohemian femme to classically nautical and cheerfully modern, just by switching out accessories.
First Look: Bohemian Femme
- Butterfly Plate ($128): No boho bar would be complete without at least one butterfly motif. A black-and-white color palette keeps it from feeling too sweet.
- Peacock Lacquered Wood Tray ($163): If you're a sucker for Chinoiserie-inspired wallpaper but aren't prepared for such a splurge, then capture the look with this gorgeous tray in vibrant shades of canary yellow and teal.
- Effervesce Stemless Wineglass ($8): The pale aqua color and bumpy surface of these glasses make them more appealing than standard stemware.
- Key Bottle Opener ($8): What looks like a beautiful vintage find works undercover as a handy bar tool.
- Ikat Diamond Napkin Set ($16, originally $20): The smoky hue and global pattern of these napkins work especially well with the bar's exotic theme.
Keep reading to see two more looks we're loving!