Labor Day weekend means food-happenings galore. At front and center is Slow Food Nation '08, the country's first ever slow food event, to be held in San Francisco. I'll be in attendance, so I can learn more about eating sustainably. Locals, perhaps I'll see you there! Here's the lineup; enjoy your long (and tasty) weekend.
- Sparks, NV: Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off — Aug. 27
- Millersport, OH: Millersport Sweet Corn Festival — Aug. 27
- Honolulu, HI: Joy of Sake — Aug. 28
- Morgan City, LA: Louisiana Shrimp & Petroleum Festival — Aug. 28-Sept. 1
- San Francisco, CA: Slow Food Nation — Aug. 29-Sept. 1
To see the rest, read more