Did you know that there's a group in the community that's devoted to drinks? It's called Let's Have a Drink, and it's your spot to talk all things cocktail, wine, and spirits. Here, brisas shares a favorite new concoction.My friend recently treated me to this tasty cocktail, it combines a bunch of fresh citrus, cucumber, mint, vodka and a touch of soda water! It was delicious and refreshing, perfect for a spicy dinner!
My favorite refreshment? A Sicilian cooler, served straight from the skilled hand of San Francisco bartender Jackie Patterson. With a reverent nod to Italy, she played up the naturally floral, piquant, and slightly bitter flavors of blood oranges with Solerno, Campari, and lemon juice. For a sip that'll transport you to the streets of Palermo, read more.
According to some studies, adding a splash of citrus juice (lemon is optimal) to your green tea can help maximize the effectiveness of the catechins, a powerful antioxidant, in the drink. When lemon juice is included in the mix, the cancer-fighting catechins are five times more likely to survive the digestive process and work their magic. If the yellow fruit isn't your cup of tea (pun intended), try orange, lime (here's a recipe for a green tea lime cooler), or grapefruit. So go ahead and give your next batch of tea a super squeeze.
When life hands you a bunch of lemons, you're supposed to make lemonade. Me? I'd rather spruce up my house with the citrus fruit, 'cause a little squirt of lemon always makes me feel like I'm walking on sunshine. Add a splash of citrus to your home with any of these tart accents!
- How fabulous is this Twilight-inspired wedding? — Hostess With the Mostess
- Here's 13 dishes that are brightened by the addition of citrus.— The Atlantic
- Will Esprit de June be the next big liqueur to hit the cocktail scene? — Chow
- Learn how to make homemade thin mints.— Serious Eats
- After a two month hiatus, Eat Me Daily is back. — Eat Me Daily
- The secret life of fast food mascots has finally been revealed. — Eater
- There was no drama in Wolfgang Puck's kitchen on Oscar Sunday. — Grub Street LA