I think a picture says a thousand words. They'd make a great gag gift, but would you buy these Swedish Pipparkaka Cookie Cutters ($55 for 4 shapes)?
The holiday season has arrived and if your house is like mine, there's bound to be loads of cooking, baking and fun. Of course, this also means there's room for stress and freneticism; so to help you make it through December in one piece, I've rounded up a few holiday must haves.
- If you're planning on doing a lot of baking this season, invest in a three-tier cooling rack ($10.99). It will triple the amount of counter space and the grids securely hold even small items without letting them slip through the cracks.
- Brighten up your holiday baking with this Holiday-Red cookie sheet ($24.95). It also comes with a must have set of holiday-themed cookie cutters.
- If you're more of a candy maker than a cookie baker, then take a look at a reliable candy thermometer ($14.95). Make sure you get one that doesn't touch the bottom of the pan and has an accurate temperature reading.
- Make your guests smile with these 12 Days of Christmas appetizer plates ($98).
- Retire your traditional menorah and spruce up your festivities with Jonathan Adler's Skyline Menorah ($130).
- And finally, what house is complete without a miniature gingerbread house? Choose from a modern design ($77) or a more classic one. Or, surprise your family by creating your own and entering our gingerbread house challenge!
Has anybody gotten their hands on this new 3-D Halloween Cookie Cutter Set ($11.99) from Williams-Sonoma? Bringing a new dimension to holiday baking, the Halloween-shaped cookie cutters allow home cooks to make cookies that can be assembled into standing, 3-D sculptures. I'm not exactly sure how they work, but it seems like a fun project for kids. The set includes a pumpkin, a cat, a haunted house, and a witch.
The 3-D pumpkin cookies would be excellent homemade place cards for a Thanksgiving dinner. I hope the Christmas set contains a gingerbread house-shaped cutter. Imagine the cute centerpieces you could make!
If you love the idea of Breast Cancer Awareness baked goods but would rather make them yourself, then you might want to pick up this handy tool. The Pink Ribbon Cookie Cutter ($4.89) is handcrafted and measures 6"x3". Twenty-five percent of the proceeds are donated to the Susan Komen Foundation for Breast Cancer Research, and the best part is that you can actually use the cookie cutter to create any color ribbon.
Is it just me, or does Halloween arrive earlier each year? My local stores have already created their candy aisles and the costume shops are ready for business. In fact, yesterday I received the new Halloween-filled Williams-Sonoma catalog and, judging from the contents of the Yum Market, I wasn't the only one. TeamSugar member tatti33 must have received her copy too, as she has bookmarked nearly every single item in their Halloween collection!
The other day I walked past PartySugar's desk and caught her looking at some puffy goldfish crackers. I asked her what she was looking at and she said that she would send it my way. It turned out that she had found a recipe for homemade goldfish crackers. I knew immediately that I wanted to give it a try, however, there was one problem, I didn't have a fish cookie cutter. I thought I would cut them out with a knife (which is what I did for the few you see), but in the end I decided to use a bear cookie cutter instead. The final result was pretty tasty, and was very similar to store bought goldfish crackers. To make your own golden, cheesy crackers, read more
And the award goes to... YOU!
If you've ever wanted to claim your own Oscar statuette, but just don't have the connections to land yourself a Best Actress role, you can now just make your own! That's right, I've searched the web and found these adorable cookie cutters in the shape of the Oscar statuette. A little gold frosting and you'll be able to convince yourself it's the real deal. That is, until you bite its head off! But if you do, don't worry, you can just make another. The cookie cutter costs $12.95 and comes in two designs: with a base and without.