Besides being superfast to make, couscous is great because it's like chicken: you can season it virtually however you want. This recipe combines golden couscous with lemon zest, scallions, and arugula for a fresh and delicious side that pairs with everything from garbanzo beans to lamb tagine to roast fish. Ready for the uncomplicated method you'll use over and over again? Then read more.
- 30 amazing and easy ways to upgrade ramen noodles. — Serious Eats
- The author of Modernist Cuisine attempts to translate his food to the masses on The Today Show. — Grub Street NY
- 20 recipes for vegan comfort food. — Chow
- Bill Buford's book Heat about working the line in Mario Batali's kitchens is becoming a movie. — Eater
- How Jay-Z changed one Champagne house forever. — The Atlantic
- Fast and easy dinner idea: salmon with couscous. — The Kitchn
- San Jose, CA, is the latest city to get its very own food truck festival. — The Feast SF
- What's so great about quinoa anyway? — Huffington Post Food
Source: Flickr User embem30
Interested in these savory recipes? Here they are.
During the Summer, I love to experiment with different salad recipes. There's a plethora of fruits and vegetables to choose from at the market, and the hot weather almost requires salads as a side dish. Since I had never cooked with Israeli couscous, I recently made this scrumptious salad. Israeli couscous, or pearl couscous as it's sometimes called, is larger than regular couscous and has a chewy texture and orzo-like starchiness.
It can be mixed with just about anything, but this recipe coats it in a roasted tomato and garlic dressing before tossing it with tomatoes, black olives, and tons of fresh herbs. The resulting salad is easy to transport and would be great for a picnic. Serve with grilled meat at a barbecue or, for a lighter meal, a chunk of hard cheese and grilled bread. Trust me, this salad recipe is a keeper! Get it now.
This recipe illustrates this technique perfectly by combining couscous with seared scallops, snow peas, and oranges. It's a healthy and effortless meal that's far from boring. Serve with a crisp white wine and fresh berries for dessert. To learn how it's done, check out the recipe now.