Wow — can you believe the first three months of 2010 are already over? I can't! Time is certainly flying by, but hey, I'm not complaining. The arrival of April means the days are longer and the flowers are blooming. If you're anything like me, this Spring you're as busy as a bee. So let's quit wasting time. Here are six items that we're currently obsessed with. Check them out; they'll make your month a little more fabulous.
I couldn't let National Grilled Cheese Month end without creating a wildly delicious grilled cheese sandwich. At first, I wanted to recreate Hog Island Oyster Company's famous three-cheese panini at home. However, I didn't have time to go to Cowgirl Creamery at the Ferry Building and pick up the exact cheeses the oyster place uses to make the 'wich. Thus, I decided to invent my own version using three types of cheese from my local supermarket.
For authenticity, I selected Cowgirl Creamery's most famous cheese, the triple cream Mt. Tam. This acts as a binding cheese that's hold the sandwich together. Next, I wanted a cheese ideal for melting, so I opted for an Italian fontina. Finally, for a layer of extra flavor, I choose a cave-aged nutty gruyere. The resulting sandwich is to die for, a truly gourmet creation that is both comforting and elegant. To look at my recipe, read more
While my favorite seminar was Cheese Essentials hosted by Laura Werlin, there were plenty of other fabulous things to savor at the Artisan Cheese Festival. The ladies of Cowgirl Creamery talked about how the environment and animal raising practices affect a cheese's flavor. Sommelier Christie Dufault discussed the best ways to pair cheese with wine. Then, there was the cheese! Over thirty cheesemakers participated in the grand tasting making for a weekend that was creamy, salty, tangy, and purely delicious.
Words can't describe how wonderful this event was, so check out all my pictures! For the large gallery of the festival, read more
For many of us, September means back to school and new seasons of our favorite television shows. For others it means long hot days, and the opportunity to take advantage of the last few weeks of summer. No matter what it means to you, here are a few things that you must have and can't miss out on.
- If you plan on curling up on the sofa for the season premiere of your favorite shows, then you'll definitely need a tv tray. There are many different kinds available, so find one that suits your needs (height etc.), but I really like the VPb_Veyko Ponyboy that I found via Design Sponge.
- The final days of summer means that there's still time to get out and have a picnic. Before leaving, transfer your wine to a Klean Kanteen Wine Carafe before you head out.
- If you've got little ones in school, then bake sales might be a part of your future. With the Best Bake Sale Ever Cookbook, your treats will surely sell out in no time.
- Whether you're headed to school, work or a fun outing, Cowgirl Creamery's signature MT Tam cheese will definitely hit the right spot.
- And finally, If you're learning to cook for one — like many students are — be sure to check out this useful recipe divider magnet.