Today we caught wind of a video on Eater that's so brilliant we had to watch it multiple times — and so funny we wanted to make sure you saw it.
Ever wondered what it would be like to put all of Iron Chef America's secret ingredient proclamations in a video together? Yeah, we hadn't either — but the result, as it turns out, is ingenious. See the video after the jump.
- Q&A with Iron Chef and recent cookbook author Michael Symon.
- Q&A with Iron Chef and recent cookbook author Michael Symon. — Serious Eats
- Five ways to enjoy avocado any time of day. — The Epi-Log
- The Food Network UK has launched and has high hopes of expanding. — Eater
- Eight graphic reasons why you should not deep-fry your turkey this year. — Eat Me Daily
- Must make: linguine with clams and chorizo — Chow
- One of the founders of Eater, Ben Leventhal, is now opening a restaurant. — Grub Street NY
- Padma Lakshmi believes the next Top Chef could be from San Francisco. — 7x7
- Five German beers worth trying.
- Five German beers worth trying. — The Atlantic
- Do you live in Miami or Portland? Get excited because Eater has expanded to those cities. — Eater
- Frank Bruni's memoir Born Round may be turned into a television show. — Grub Street NY
- Learn what Josh Ozersky will be up to now that he has bid the Feedbag adieu. — The Feedbag
- Scripps Networks has acquired the Travel Channel, meaning that the Food Network is back in bed with Anthony Bourdain. — Eat Me Daily
- Must make: creamy corn soup with roasted poblano chili. — Serious Eats
- Everything you need to know about stuffing. — The Epi-Log
- How to stay healthy during the holidays. — Chow
Source: Flickr User Maggie Hoffman
- Introducing the newest must-have wine application for your iPhone. — Nirvino
- Fabio Viviani's cookbook by the numbers. — Eat Me Daily
- Here are 21 tasty bar snack recipes. — Chow
- Everything you need to know about buying sustainable seafood. — Sunset
- Eight common fast foods you should avoid. — SF Weekly
- Michael Pollan's next mission: reform health care. — Grub Street
- The real reason Hector was kicked off of Top Chef? His thermometer didn't work.— The Feedbag
- Is it OK to serve pesto at a dinner party? — The Epi-Log
- This lavender honey spice cake is seriously Italian. — Serious Eats
- Eater is expanding and looking for bloggers/photographers in a city near you. — Eater
In a story that's still developing, the Department of Health has shut down the famous Magnolia Bakery. Apparently it's a lack of sinks - and not rats - that has caused the shut down. Guess you'll just have to make Magnolia cupcakes at home until it reopens.
Update: Magnolia has issued an official statement stating that they've operated for 10 years without this sink.
Update 2: The Department of Health has allowed Magnolia to reopen now that they've installed a new sink.
Mario Batali recently got an opportunity to tell us exactly how he feels about food bloggers. The article, entitled Why I Hate Food Bloggers is an interesting read, however the comments are where things really get interesting. Some people feel that real journalism has its faults as well, while others agree with Mario, saying that food blogs have become too tabloidy and publish first, fact check later. The whole thing makes me wonder, do you think food bloggers affect the food industry?
- Don't let them F with our chocolate folks. The FDA wants to change the definition of chocolate to include products that do not include cocoa butter. This means that consumers can purchase things labeled as chocolate, but are really "mocklate" chocolate coating. Sneaky ploy for new marketing if you ask me... - Candyblog
- Just in time for Easter, check out these little rabbit shaped steamed buns. I think I might try to make these this weekend! - Just Hungry
- To promote the new Mr. Bean movie, the Observer Food Monthly has compiled Mr. Bean's Idiots Guide to French Cuisine. - Serious Eats
- We've talked about Peeps before, and how to make your own, but these Peeps are saffron flavored. - Slashfood
- Ever wonder how nonalcoholic beer and wine is made? - Chow
- DearSugar wants to know, which celeb would you like to cook with? - DearSugar
- Pizza, dear pizza, how do I love thee... be sure to check out this gorgeous jamon and ricotta pizza with rocket salad. I think I will have to try this out sooner than later. - Seven Spoons via Tastespotting
- And finally, he may not have won Top Chef, but Sam Talbot is going forward with his restaurant in NYC's Lower East Side, currently called Spitzer's Corner. - Eater via They Cook. We Dish
- Have you seen these date bars? Reporter Sadie Stein goes on a hunt to figure out where they come from. - Serious Eats
- If my earlier post about pho made you want to learn more, check out this site dedicated to the Vietnamese soup. - Pho-king
- Chowhound is a forum for people to talk about food and dining, but it turns out that sometimes those posts get deleted. The folks at Eater are doing their best to publish banned posts, including bad restaurant reviews. - Eater
- If all microwaved cakes taste as awesome as this one looks, I might be okay with the whole idea. (and fyi pudding is synonymous for dessert)- The Passionate Cook
- How is it that I've never had a pork burger before? I'm going to have to remedy that soon. - Simply Recipes
- Apparently the folks at Consumer Reports have found that the coffee at McDonald's is better than the coffee at Starbucks. - Single Serve Espresso
- Man, I thought I could eat... check out this 95 pound lady eat 20 pounds in one sitting - GiggleSugar