- Elia was humiliated on the first episode of Top Chef All-Stars.
- Elia was humiliated on the first episode of Top Chef All-Stars. — The Feast
- On the birth of the American cookie. — Huffington Post Food
- Watch the Franks of Frankies Sputino make their go-to dish. — Chow
- Find out what a 200-year-old bottle of Champagne tastes like. — Decanter
- A look at the fashion of New York City's female chefs. — Eater NY
- The ultimate slider recipe. — A Hamburger Today
- What a 13-course meal at award-winning Meadowood looks like. — Grub Street SF
Photo courtesy of Bravo
Considering that Giada at Home is one of the few Food Network shows we look forward to watching, Giada de Laurentiis has also earned a place in our hearts as the year's favored female chef. We've featured many of her reliable recipes — pesto, clams casino, brie and chocolate panini — here on YumSugar, we thoroughly enjoyed her demonstration at Aspen last June, and we look forward to experimenting with more of her dishes in 2010. Cheers to Giada!
On today's date, June 22 in 1992, prolific food writer M.F.K Fisher died. While Fisher was a well-respected figure in the food industry, I don't know much about her. To learn more about her work and life, I thought it would be fun to put together a quiz that celebrates the author who enjoyed and practiced the art of simple eating.
How well do you know her? Find out now and take the quiz!Take the Quiz
Food blog Eater recently featured an upcoming course at New York City's Astor Center. The class (which is really more of a social experiment) will examine the myths of gender in the restaurant kitchen. During the event, 10 chefs‚ including Alex Guarnaschelli and Johnny Iuzzini, will cook a five-course meal to be blind taste-tested by Grant Achatz and Gwen Hyman. The judges will try and discern which dishes are made by a man and which ones are made by a woman. While I find the concept behind the class fascinating and am curious to see the final results, I doubt there will be a notable difference between the way a male and female cook. What do you think?