If you had an ounce of respect left for Next Food Network Star contestant Jag, I have a feeling it's about to dissipate. Our friends at Food Network Addict are reporting that Jag offered to reveal the finalists (a super reality TV no-no) in exchange for keeping his background a secret.
"In a bid to preserve his shot at a six-episode Food Network series deal, Garcia revealed in those interviews that he was one of the final two contestants. Military Times did not include this claim in previous stories because it was not clear whether this was another lie, and to protect the integrity of the show."
Wow. That is really something else. What do you guys think? Do you like Jag?
Since we're in high wedding mode here at the Sugar Network, it would be a shame if I didn't point out the fact that celebrity chef Tyler Florence's wedding was highlighted in the latest InStyle Wedding Magazine. I found the full InStyle article on Tyler's website, but here are a few gems and classic FNA catty commentary. - Food Network Addict
- One of my favorite food personalities, Mark Bittman, is getting a new show. It should start this week on PBS stations near you. - Serious Eats
- If you want to eat locally, why not start with a garden in your own lawn? You won't be the only one, urban gardening is on the rise. - Chow
- Remember how I told you about the state egg debacle? Looks like I really should have clicked on them all, apparently I missed artist Penny Smith's Louisiana's egg featuring a miniature Emeril. - Food Network Addict
- Warm weather is arriving and that means it's time for ice cream! Don't miss out on this sweet/salty Salted Butter Caramel Ice Cream. It's not even 11am here and I am drooling. - David Lebovitz
- You might want to pay more attention when reading nutrition labels. The math doesn't always add up when counting fat and trans fat. - The Ethicurean
- And finally, here are a few desserts for you to try: Berry Brioche Pudding (beautifully put together by La Tartine Gourmande - Arborio Rice Pudding (scroll down to the end of this Smitten Kitchen post) - Ultimate Lemon Pound Cake (a treat for us from Tartelette).
- It's finally official, Ben & Jerry's Stephen Colbert inspired Americone Dream launched last night. Check out the video clip and promotional pictures. - BuzzSugar
- I can't seem to get enough of the South Beach Wine & Food Festival coverage. Especially when it has a fun recap like this one (behind the bash photos and more), makes me really wish I'd been there.- Food Network Addict
- Fer Food breaks down the difference between a yam and a sweet potato. - via Tastespotting
- New York Magazine asked four members of the fashion community (two models, an editor, and a show producer) to keep food diaries during fashion week. Interesting how the model eats more than the editor. - via Serious Eats
- Does the flame in a Flaming Dr. Pepper, really bring anything to the party? - Liquor Snob
- Leave it to the BBC to bring us Kill It, Cook It, Eat It, a program designed to "bring together the two key moments... the death of the animal and the eating of its meat."- Megnut
- Who knows what sort of stuff you'll find when you look for food related things on youtube. Would you have stumbled upon Elton John composing Oven-Instruction Music? - The Amateur Gourmet