With The Great Food Truck Race premiere right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to show some other ways people are giving their favorite eateries on wheels some lovin'. You may be a fan of eating at food trucks, but are you willing to wear them? Or put them on your walls?
As they travel through the nation, each truck will compete in challenges that test the team's cooking skills and business savvy. Participating trucks include San Francisco's popular Spencer on the Go (pictured) and Los Angeles' Nom Nom Truck. The truck that completes all of the tasks will win a $50,000 prize. Chefs such as Tim Love and Nate Appleman will appear as guest judges.
While I'm not looking forward to the network's other new reality show, 24-Hour Restaurant Battle, I am interested in watching this competition. Although Top Chef has aired a few episodes that involved food trucks, this will be the first program devoted entirely to the trend. Will you watch?
Source: Flickr User current events
- Bobby Flay may be the world's worst horse race caller. — Grub Street
- Find out where Bernie Madoff used to eat. — Eater
- Got old school photos of your parents partying? Send them here. — Keggers of Yore
- The nation's top 10 food trucks. — GQ
- Must make: caramelized onion, potato, and blue cheese tart. — Serious Eats
- Ten ways to barter for food. — Chow
- Meet Rani Cheema, the lady who makes the Food Network's fake food labels. — Sunny Anderson
- The latest trend to hit the beverage scene? Bartenders who farm. — Gourmet
- Learn how to turn chicken McNuggets into chicken McConfit. — The Feedbag
- The hottest chef at last weekend's food festival in San Francisco?
- The hottest chef at last weekend's food festival in San Francisco? DJ Hubert Keller. — Eater SF
- How to start your own food truck. — Grub Street
- If you love Pop Tarts, you'll enjoy this Pop Tart art. — Eat Me Daily
- Taste test: milk chocolate bars. — Serious Eats
- Where to taste wine while traveling in Sonoma. — Chow
- Are you America's best home cook? Enter this contest and you could win big. — Food & Wine
- Kelly Choi just got a little more ridiculous: here she is dressed up as Catwoman. — The Feedbag
- The latest trend to hit the beverage scene is old-fashioned root beer. — Bon Appétit