Tailgating is one way to gear up for this year's football season. Another? Celebrating at IHOP. Eat Me Daily has pointed out that the pancake chain has teamed up with the NFL to offer "the ultimate fan fuel for football enthusiasts": football-shaped stuffed French toast. There's a cream-stuffed cinnamon raisin French toast with strawberry topping for AFC fans, and a blueberry compote counterpart for NFC fans. How did football fans ever live without cheesiness?
- Lobster: Get it while it's cheap!
- Lobster: Get it while it's cheap! — The Atlantic
- Meet TasteStopping, the website that takes Tastespotting's rejects. — Eat Me Daily
- Spice things up with Padma's chili honey butter. — Serious Eats
- What’s the right answer to “Can I bring anything?” — Chow
- Deep dish blueberry maple French toast. Enough said. — Endless Simmer
- The next time you host a baby shower be inspired by the letter B . — Hostess With the Mostess
- In September, David Chang and Wylie Dufresne will let a group of French chefs take over their kitchens. — Eater
- 21 top-rated burger recipes, including beef, turkey, cheese, and veggie varieties. — Epicurious
A friend was recently telling me how her eighteen-month-old son loves French toast. He gobbles it up every time she makes it. He loves the taste and she is glad he gets a hearty breakfast. Since she's a working mama who has to fly out of the house in the mornings, she came up with a shortcut that doesn't rely on the frozen food aisle.
She takes slices of whole wheat sandwich bread, dunks them in a bowl filled with the milk, egg, and cinnamon mixture, and then fries them up five slices at a time before freezing them. While she dresses for the office, she takes a slice from the fridge and pops it in the toaster to warm for her wee one.
- Celebrate Fall with these delicious-looking orange frosted pumpkin muffins. — Erin Cooks
- Lace shopping baskets will make you look chic while browsing the farmers market. — CasaSugar
- The right way to pour sparkling wine. — Chow
- Behind the scenes of a home-cooked wedding. — The Kitchn
- Travel the world in your own kitchen with 80 exotic and interesting recipes. — Epicurious
- Show your love for serious eats with one of these fabulous t-shirts. — Serious Eats
- Sweet meets savory in a scrumptious French toast and bacon sandwich. — Baking Bites
- How to prepare dinner more efficiently. — Real Simple
Pancakes, waffles and French toast just seem to taste better when you make your own syrup. Here you can find a great French toast recipe, plus one for homemade blueberry syrup. — 80 Breakfasts
Harley Pasternak, who is credited for getting Jessica Simpson super toned with his 5-Factor Diet, has given In Touch this yummy recipe for 5-Factor French toast that uses Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread. While I like the taste (and the nutritional packed goodness) of Ezekiel Bread, it's often too hard for me so this is a great way to use it as it will get less hard when you soak the bread. For the recipe just read more
When planning a New Year's Day brunch, don't forget to include sweet dishes on the menu. At first I thought French toast would be a bad idea — individual pieces of toast can be too much work — but than I remembered it can be baked! A lemon raspberry French toast strata puffs up into a delicious dessert-like dish. Afterwards, give guests slices of chocolate coconut banana bread to take home. Get the recipes when you read more
When I found out that today is National French Toast Day, I immediately wondered what the most popular topping was. Are you folks maple purists, or do you go wild?
You guys are doing a fantastic job of posting your recipes. I went to look for a recipe that caught my eye and ended up spending over two hours drooling at all your posts! And, to make things worse, there were so many great sounding recipes that I had the most difficult time deciding on a recipe to highlight. Eventually I realized that I was craving breakfast, and so I decided on a Delicious Creme Brulee French Toast. Submitted by ashleyk4214, this french toast uses Challah bread and Grand Marnier. Sounds like my kind of delectable treat! To check out her recipe, read more