Since it's just me and I try to practice meatless Mondays, I'm making grilled cheese sandwiches. Not just any grilled cheese, but one with caramelized pears and onions and three different kinds of cheese — yum! For dessert, I made chocolate diablo cake. I'll pair both with sparkling Rosé.
How about you? How are you celebrating Valentine's Day? What are you making?
Source: Flickr User somegeekintn
- Which Shake Shack makes the best burger?
- Which Shake Shack makes the best burger? — A Hamburger Today
- How eating at home can save your life. — Huffington Post Food
- Prohibition is the wrong way to improve a child's nutrition. — The Atlantic
- Chef Michael White has officially split with his longtime restaurant partner, Chris Cannon. — Eater NY
- Gael Greene wonders, doesn't anybody care about Craig Claiborne anymore? — Grub Street NY
- Think you have a food allergy? You might want to double check that it's real. — The New York Times
- The oldest winery in the world has been discovered in Armenia. — Wall Street Journal
- Take a virtual tour of Momofuku Milk Bar's new Brooklyn facility. — The Feast
- Pantry find: Martha Stewart's two-in-one parchment paper foil. — The Kitchn
Source: Flickr User Simon Doggett
I'm not the only one who is interested in slow cooker experimentation, reader dreamalittledream recently asked the YumSugar Community for crockpot help. She says, "I just got a crockpot and am itching to use it. I've found a ton of recipes online, but I trust YumSugar members more for recipes. Any crock pot recipe that I have to try!?"
Well, I highly recommend blackberry pulled pork, red wine short ribs, classic chili, and Cuban chicken. Also, don't forgot to check out our tips for cooking with a crockpot. I've revealed mine, and now it's time for you to share yours: what are your favorite slow cooker recipes?
Source: Flickr User love♡janine
How about you? What is your preferred bean?