The result wasn't too good to be true, but it was admittedly way too easy. If you can chop vegetables and place them with meat in a bowl, then you can make a St. Patrick's Day spread of meltingly tender corned beef, braised cabbage, and root vegetables. Consider it your veritable pot o' gold — just remember not to peek! For the recipe, read more.
In honor of National Horseradish Month, I've put together a quiz that will teach you everything about horseradish.
Ready? Set. Go!Take the Quiz
Whether you're in Brattleboro, VT, or Ponca City, OK, you've got the pick of the crop when it comes to food events this weekend. I know there are Spam and strawberry festivals, but I'm new to the world of rhubarb and horseradish celebrations. What will you be attending? Let us know what you're up to below!
- New York, NY: Wine & Spirits Magazine's Top of the List — June 2
- Orlando, FL: Slow Food Potluck Dinner — June 2
- Palm Springs, CA: Palm Springs Restaurant Week — June 2-19
- Las Vegas, NV: Taste of the Nation Las Vegas — June 4
- New York, NY: James Beard Key West Seafood Celebration — June 4
- Brattleboro, VT: The Great Vermont Grilled Cheese Cook-off — June 5
- St. Louis, MO: St. Louis Brewers Festival — June 5-6
- Snowmass, CO: Snowmass Chili Pepper & Brew Fest — June 5-6
- Lincolnton, NC: Hog Happenin' — June 5-6
- Aledo, IL: Rhubarb Fest — June 5-6
- Fort Harrod, KY: Fort Harrod Beef Festival — June 5-7
- Newport, RI: Great Chowder Cook-Off — June 6
- San Francisco, CA: Spring Breakfast at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market — June 6
To see the rest, read more
If you associate pot roast with Mom's mystery leftovers, then think again: this pot roast, with its horseradish and white wine-spiked gravy, is not your mother's. Chuck roast is a relatively inexpensive cut of meat that is typically tough, but when it's been slow cooked overnight, it becomes pull-apart tender and soft. Serve this atop a bed of rice or mashed potatoes, and you're guaranteed to please the whole family.
For the easy recipe, read more
Happy 4th of July! Making a delicious all-American meal doesn't have to take all day: this juicy, grilled burger is ready in just twenty minutes. Instead of mixing the ground beef with minced vegetables, the meat is seasoned with a store bought horseradish mustard. The recipe tops the burger with white cheddar cheese, arugula, and red onion, but feel free to dress the pattie to your liking. To enjoy this classic dish tonight, read more
In my opinion, the best thing about any roast — be it turkey, beef, chicken, etc. — is the leftovers. There's just something about roasted meat that makes for a perfect sandwich. Sure, you could use regular deli meat, but if you've got leftover rib roast, why not aim for perfection? With a little bit of horseradish and tasty rye bread, this deluxe sandwich will make for a perfect meal. Pair it with a glass of Pinot Noir, some salted potato chips, and call it a night! To get the recipe for the Deluxe Roast Beef Sandwich, read more
Salmon and dill are a classic flavor combination that make for a delicious quick dinner. This meal is super simple with minimal chopping and dishwashing. A prepared horseradish sauce enhances the taste of the salmon and potatoes. The oven does all of the work, so while dinner is cooking you can relax, read, or catch up on your TiVo. To get the recipe to this dish that should be enjoyed with a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc, read more