It's hard to believe it's almost June — the mid-way point of 2012. June provides the perfect platform to look ahead and plan what you can realistically accomplish in the second half of the year. But, before we get there, this is the week to get your loose items in order. Make sure to do these five things over the next few days.
Wow, where has 2011 gone? It's hard to believe that it's already June 1, but to say we're excited for Summer is an understatement. It's our favorite season, and we plan on going all out! We'll be grilling, chilling, and mixing up plenty of cool cocktails. To ensure that you do the same, we're sharing our must-have items. Here's what you need to have a fabulous month.
June is all about soaking up the sun! When it's hot, tots like to enjoy a little sand and surf, but prep and protect them with a few of Lil's favorite things! This month we've included an organic sunscreen to shield their flawless skin, a casually chic bag for mom to carry to the beach and beyond, and the ultimate Summer swing. Check out our must haves!
I blinked, and all of a sudden it was Summer! That means the smell of barbecue is heavy in the air, and the days are long. While I'm excited for outdoor cookouts, frozen desserts, and refreshing mixed drinks, there are a few items that I am currently totally obsessed with. These five must haves are sure to make June more delicious. Find out what they are now.
Whether your ears perk up at the latest designer collaborations, or you just want to enjoy the great outdoors in a cozy and chic chair, there are lots of fabulous finds in store for you this month. If shopping isn't on your to-do list, there's also a fab new eco hotel to visit and an adorable DIY book to keep you busy. Check out all of my June Must Haves!
Setting goals for the whole year or season can be overwhelming, but I find it's productive to make a list of week-by-week or monthly goals of items you want to accomplish. In fact, plotting out goals at the start of the month is one of my favorite productivity tactics because it gives you a handy to-do list you can keep track of and a concrete time line.
Last month, most SavvySugar readers hoped to map out their Summer plans and close up the school year or a big project at work. What is your main objective for the month? Share your goals, dreams, and plans here!
June is National Iced Tea month and with the warm weather and long, lazy days, there's no better time for a thirst-quenching glass of iced tea. While making iced tea can be as simple as pouring fresh brewed tea over a tall pitcher of ice, there are hundreds of more complex varieties. I've scoured the Internet for the most innovative recipes. Here you'll find seven of my favorites; these are the iced teas I plan on sipping all Summer long.
Stock up on goodies to celebrate Summer! Get your kids gear that will help them prepare for warm weather festivities. Check out lil's picks of the month!
- First Act Discover Strawberry Guitar ($50). Your child will be strumming and humming those campfire tunes on this acoustic guitar. Made in a variety of designs, there's an instrument to fit each personality.
- True Fit Bike Helmet ($22). Strap a one-step adjusting helmet on your wee one's noggin to keep him safe while biking. The topper comes in styles that appeal to all small-fries.
- Hair Glam Creamsicle Mist Leave-in Conditioner & Detangler ($15). Don't distress over tangled Summer tresses. After your lil swimmer exits the pool, shampoo her locks and spritz a bit of this delicious leave-in conditioner/detangler in for easy combing. The organic product is paraben- and alcohol-free.
- Rockin Alphabets: Never Mind Your Ps and Qs, Here's the Punk Alphabet ($32). This text might not be tot-appropriate, but parents-to-be will enjoy turning its pages of inspiration for alternatives to "A" is for apple.
- Harper the Hippo Maple Wood Infant Baby Teether ($14). This organic teething rattle will keep any lil beach bum occupied while his big siblings take a swim.
Happy June! Let's hope it's a joyful one. This month, we're kicking off Summer with a handful of highly anticipated design events, tips for bearing the heat, and new ways to integrate fun and style inside and outside of your casa. Get a taste of what's in store with some great events, products, and openings happening around the country.
This morning when I woke up and realized it was the first day of June, only one thought came to mind: hello Summer! With its warm weather and long days, June is a perfect time for outdoor cooking and alfresco entertaining. Whether you're hosting a chic soirée by the pool or packing up your family for a picnic in the park, here are six items that will make your month magnificent and memorable.