- There are now more Subways in the world than McDonald's.
- There are now more Subways in the world than McDonald's. — Eater
- Kahlúa from bean to bottle. — Serious Eats
- Five things new cooks should know. — Eatocracy
- Gabrielle Hamilton talks about her upcoming memoir, Blood, Bones, and Butter. — Elle
- On the rise of female brewers. — The Atlantic
- In the kitchen with Jon Shook and Vinny Dotolo, of LA's Animal. — Huffington Post Food
- Coffee with Grant Achatz. — Grub Street NY
- A look at Tom Colicchio's Craft restaurant 10-year anniversary dinner. — The Feast
Source: Flickr User jetalone
The drink's proportions are disputed — some argue the vodka-liqueur should be 1:1, while Kahlúa maintains it's 3:2 and the International Bartenders Association, 5:2 — but my vote's with Mr. Boston's recipe. Serve it at an Oscars viewing as a sultry sip while you root for Black Swan. For my favorite Black Russian, read more.
I know what you're thinking: Why on earth is Yum drinking a banana-flavored cocktail with a ridiculous name? Well, sometimes a girl needs a silly, sugary drink — and sometimes a girl has a bunch of creme de banana left over from a bananas foster recipe. In search of a use for this odd liqueur, I headed to the Internet and found the Monkey's Lunch.
Though it may sound a bit off-putting, this drink was yummy enough that I drank the whole thing and would happily drink another. The banana flavor is very subtle, like a tropical twist on a White Russian. If it sounds a-peel-ing (sorry, couldn't resist), get the recipe when you read more
The phrase "happy camper" refers to someone who is happy, satisfied and content. When I think of happy campers, I think of folks sitting in a lounge chair, with their feet propped up on coolers and tents in the background and a fire going on the side. These happy campers are also sipping down on a lovely drink, what kind you ask? Well a Happy Camper of course! In the drink world a Happy Camper is a lovely mix of Kahlua, Baileys and Frangelico. How could you not be satisfied and content with that drink?! To get the recipe, read more