Not every rosy-hued drink has to be overly girlie. Take the Ward 8, for example. This classic libation has a blushing color, thanks to a couple bar spoons of grenadine, but it's definitely not sweet. The base spirit is rye whiskey, a potent liquor that's made with at least 51 percent rye. It's smooth, tart, and the kind of drink where if you have one too many, crazy (good) things could happen. It's wonderful sipped solo and is the perfect concoction to fight any single-girl blues you may be feeling over the romantic weekend. Learn the easy method when you read more
Can you believe it's already February?! It's a short month that's jam packed with activities and celebrations: the Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, Chinese New Year, Mardi Gras, the Winter Olympics, the South Beach Food and Wine Festival — we're overwhelmed just thinking of all the cooking, eating, and partying that's to come! Luckily there are a few treats that will help us get through the next 28 days. Here are the items we can't live without.
- Make the world a better place by purchasing sustainable seafood.
- Make the world a better place by purchasing sustainable seafood. — Gourmet
- Move over Pez, there's a new candy dispenser in town and wii love it! — Candy Blog
- Daniel Boulud and Thomas Keller are looking for an American chef to represent them at the culinary Olympics. — Eater SF
- Deep fried cheese ravioli?! Why didn't I think of that? — The Food in My Bread
- With the price of food sky rocketing, you can never have too many tips on how to save at the grocery store. — Glam Dish
- Presentation of food is important, here's how to plate your food like a chef. — Start Cooking
- Calling all home mixologists: make your own maraschino cherries. — Serious Eats
- Get rid of coffee stains with dishwashing soap, water, and vinegar mixture. — CasaSugar