If the Memorial Day barbecue that you're hosting this coming weekend includes invites for the entire family, then keeping the kids in attendance entertained is just as much of a concern as achieving the perfect grill marks on your burgers. Avoid BBQ boredom by picking up any of these supersilly finds for your weekend cookout. They'll ensure that kids stay amused and entertained all afternoon long!
If you're like us, then you're probably counting down the days until Memorial Day Weekend, making a mental checklist of everything you need (and want) for an epic three-day stretch. Good news: we've done the work for you. If your forecast for fun includes eating, drinking, or lounging, then we have just the things you'll need to make sure it's done in style.
- Blue Glass Yorkshire Dispenser ($20): Fill this mason-jar-inspired dispenser with fresh lemonade.
- Pink Ikat Cocktail Napkins ($12): Replace paper with vibrant cloth versions you'll use all Summer long.
- Orange Hammock ($80): Lacey, scalloped sides elevate this backyard staple.
- Pineapple Drink Stirrer Set ($38): Keep these on hand for guests who prefer spiked lemonade.
- Aqua Pacific Tumblers ($6 for two): These acrylic glasses are good enough to set the table with but can be taken on picnics too.
- Mirage Ice Bucket ($58): Keep drinks cool with this groovy ice vessel.
- Bullhorn Speaker ($10): For no-hassel poolside tunes, attach one of these to your cell phone.
- Hot-Pot BBQ ($124): An herb planter and a portable grill in one? We're sold!
- Outdoor Pagoda Umbrella ($495): Channel Palm Beach in the '60s with this striped umbrella.
- Tavira Melamine Plate ($6): We love the hand-painted feel of these outdoor-friendly plates.
Memorial Day is right around the corner, and whatever your weekend plans entail, we can't think of a better way to celebrate than with a special sweet treat. Whether you prefer a classic patriotic theme or want to get inventive with cupcakes that look like they just came off the grill, stock up on some sugar, heat up the oven, and get baking!
Memorial Day weekend marks the start of all things Summer — beaches, BBQs, block parties — and to help you prepare for the three-day event, we culled the perfect pieces for every kind of festive scenario. From J.Crew's chic white eyelet dresses to Opening Ceremony's whimsical gingham-print shades, see and shop our amazing picks.
When it's time for a holiday weekend, everyone's looking forward to the extra day off — as well as the sales and discounts. Memorial Day is no different. We know it's a little early, but don't you know the early bird catches the worm? Or, in this case, bags the biggest discounts. Here are a couple of great sales going on:
- Bath & Body Works: Four for $15 or six for $20 on antibacterial hand soap. Ends June 2.
- Dell: Use code 0H9Q3PQ6L3744C to get an extra $50 off a Dell Inspiron 15z Ultrabook.
- Disney: $10 nightshirts available online this weekend.
- Eddie Bauer: Use code HARBOR for free shipping on purchases over $99.
- Best Buy: 10 to 30 percent off major appliances.
- Macy's: 20 to 50 percent off and free shipping on purchases over $99.
- West Elm: 20 percent off rugs, 20 percent off select bedroom furniture, and over 250 new markdowns.
- REI: Save up to 30 percent on clothing and outdoor and sports gear.
- JC Penney: Lots of online sales across many categories.
Keep watching this space, because we'll be updating this as more Memorial Day discounts are announced.
OK, ladies, it's time to get serious. If you're planning on losing a few pounds before you hit the beach this Memorial Day, you've got two weeks to plan. Read on: we've got some no-fail tips for you to tone up and lose weight in two weeks.
Labor Day weekend is here, bringing the end of Summer and a time to celebrate the hard work of fellow Americans. Make your day off from the daily grind special by getting crafty with your kids and creating something patriotic to display in your home. From seriously simple activities to projects that are perfect for older tots, this roundup of red, white, and blue crafts is perfect for showing your love of the great USA.
Warmer weather means firing up the grills! But before you eat every single thing on the menu, know the nutritional info of basic barbecue fare. Oh, and don't forget how many calories condiments can add — the numbers may surprise you.
|Calories||Fat (g)||Cholesterol (mg)||Sodium (mg)||Carbs (g)||Fiber (g)||Protein (g)|
|Hamburger patty with bun, no fixings||439||24.2||106||267||22||1||32.7|
|Cheeseburger with bun, no fixings||509||29.2||126||537||24||1||36.7|
|Fixings (2 Romaine lettuce leaves, 1 thick slice tomato, and 1 tbsp ketchup)||34||.2||0||165||7.6||1.4||.9|
|Cheeseburger with bun and fixings||543||29.4||126||702||31.6||2.4||37.6|
|Veggie burger (Boca Original) with bun, no fixings||220||3||0||570||30||6||26|
Find out the info for grilled sausages, hot dogs, and chicken after the break.
While today we officially welcome the first day of Summer, our search for party dresses, a fresh pair of shades, and sweet seasonal kicks, has been underway for a while. If you've been seeking the same, relax — we've done the legwork for you. Just in time for the season's official start — and the Summer heat that comes with it — we've rounded up the best in essential gear: sandals, totes, swimwear, dresses, and more to kick off the season as stylishly as possible. The bonus? This ultimate shopping guide is also budget-friendly. Nothing in this crew of essentials is over $100, so feel free to stock up. Click on to shop over 100 of our favorite things for Summer.
Shop them all, or jump to find just what you need by category:
- Slip into your perfect pair of sandals.
- Find the sunglasses that suit you best.
- On the hunt for just the right sundress? Your search starts here.
- Snag your Summer tote.
- Get outfitted for your next pool party or beach getaway with any of these cute suits.
Photo courtesy of Free People
The long Memorial Day weekend gave many of our favorite stars a chance to break from their hectic work schedules, think of the American troops who have served or are currently serving, and unwind for three days. Celebs like Fergie hit the beach in their bikinis, while others, like Kate Beckinsale, spent time with family and friends at parties. Pink also linked up with loved ones at a meal alongside daughter Willow and husband Carey Hart. A holiday didn't give Eva Mendes a break from her workout routine, though. Find out how many of your favorite big names spent Memorial Day.