Memorial Day is right around the corner, and for avid shoppers, that can only mean one thing — huge weekend-long sales. With discounts from 25 to 50 percent off and savings on everything from sale items to new regularly priced clothing, you'll be saving big on must-have Summer wear. These sales only last a few more days, so head out to your local retailers, or avoid the crowds and shop online for similar discounts. Check out our guide below for some of the best holiday sales around. Happy shopping!
- Club Monaco: Take 30 percent off already-reduced items with code MEMORIAL30 at checkout and free shipping on all orders!
- Ralph Lauren: Save 25 percent off already-reduced styles with code RLMEM13 at checkout.
- Calypso St. Barth: Head to the sale rack for an additional 50 percent off reduced items.
- Vix Swimwear: Stock up your swimsuit collection and save 25 percent on sale, Cruise 2013, and web exclusives with code MEMSALE25. Get a free pair of flip-flops when you spend over $200, with code MEMFLIP25.
- Rag & Bone: Save big with discounts up to 50 percent off the Spring collection.
- Bergdorf Goodman: It's the Spring fling sale, and you can save up to 40 percent off contemporary and shoes.
- Gap: Shop the red, white, and blue event at Gap and receive up to 40 percent off with code GAPGIFT.
- C Wonder: Enjoy 25% off when you spend $100 or more on full-priced items.
- Bloomingdale's: Save 20 to 65 percent at Bloomingdale's Big Brown Bag sale online and in-store. Plus, you can get 30 percent off designer handbags and 30 to 40 percent off shoes.
— Additional reporting by Jen Michalski
Looking for poolside page-turners you can dive into while you're away on an early Summer getaway? With a mix of popular classics, romantic novels, thrillers, and modern fiction, we're highlighting a range of options you can tote along on your next vacation. Before you start packing, take a look at these must-have beach reads!
Spending some time in the Summer sun is a blast — until you start to burn. In honor of Don't Fry Day, the sun protection awareness day that takes place each Friday before Memorial Day, we've found a few apps to help keep your skin out of burn-and-peel territory. From local UV index forecasts to personalized product suggestions, these apps are sure to turn your beach days into smooth sailing. Hoping to avoid a postvacation sunburn nightmare? Download these apps to make smart sun protection a breeze.
Monday is Memorial Day, and for some of you, that means a three-day weekend! These minivacation gems can be much-needed breaks in a couple's hectic schedule, so instead of packing the time full of errands, trips, and stress-inducing activities, why not keep it mellow and romantic? Here are three love-filled ways to spend your three-day weekend:
Spend the Day in Bed
Not gettin' busy, per se, but just snuggling up and being lazy. "Activities" can include watching TV, enjoying breakfast and coffee in bed, catching up on your magazine/book reading, and browsing the Internet together.
Take a Walk Down Memory Lane
Visit a place that has sentimental value to the two of you, maybe somewhere you haven't been in a long time. It could be a frozen yogurt shop where you shared a meaningful date or a park where you had your first kiss. Whatever it is, it'll be a sweet time for reminiscing.
Have a Movie Marathon
Rent a stack of your favorite DVDs, pop some popcorn, and cozy up on the couch for a flick fest. You could go with a series (Harry Potter would be my choice!), a back and forth between his picks and yours, or just a "best of" collection that includes favorites you and your honey have seen together.
How do you like to spend a romantic three-day weekend?
Since Memorial Day signals the unofficial start of Summer, why not kick off the sunny season with good friends and good food? Whether you're planning a low-key backyard barbecue or an all-out holiday feast, we've gathered some delicious recipes to help you host a fun, festive party for your pals. From tangy ginger-glazed baby back ribs to grilled dessert pizza slathered with chocolate, these tasty dishes are perfect to try on Memorial Day.
For many of us, Memorial Day weekend means a day off work for barbecues and some beach time. For others (like myself), it means time to hang on the couch. This Memorial Day weekend provides some especially great options, including the premiere of HBO's long-awaited Before the Candelabra. There's also a Veronica Mars marathon, IFC's Arrested Development marathon on Saturday ahead of the new season's release, and don't forget about Mad Men on Sunday!
Take a look at all the networks' marathons, and plan your schedule after the jump.
Hopefully this weekend will involve some fun in the sun, but that doesn't have to be limited to sipping a frozen cocktail on a deck chair. To get you inspired for an outdoor sweat session, we've rounded up some fun fitness routines for the beach — check off your daily workout for the day while enjoying the sun!
- Fit and fast: Got 12 minutes? Do this simple CrossFit circuit workout as hard as you can. Bonus: after the intense session, all you have to do is take a dip in the sea!
- Leg up: Want to tone legs and thighs? This leg workout from helps save your knees from too many squats — and you can do the moves while laying out in the sun.
- Bikini-ready: When it comes to beach workouts, the Tone It Up ladies are experts. Look your best in your bikini with their total-body beach workout video.
More beach workouts to inspire you after the break!
- Amazon: Up to 60 percent off on footwear and accessories.
- Bath & Body Works: Four for $15 or six for $20 on antibacterial hand soap. Ends June 2.
- Dell: Use code 0H9Q3PQ6L3744C to get an extra $50 off a Dell Inspiron 15z Ultrabook.
- Disney: 30 percent off swimwear.
- Ecko: 50 percent off sitewide with code 50VANDALS.
- Eddie Bauer: Use code HARBOR for free shipping on purchases over $99.
- Best Buy: 10 to 30 percent off major appliances.
- Home Depot: Memorial Day savings on a variety of items.
- Macy's: 20 to 50 percent off and free shipping on purchases over $99.
- Perry Ellis: 40 percent off all online purchases with the code PEMEMORIAL.
- West Elm: 20 percent off rugs, 20 percent off select bedroom furniture, and over 250 new markdowns.
- REI: Save up to 30 percent on clothing and outdoor and sports gear.
- JC Penney: Lots of online sales across many categories.
Keep watching this space, because we'll be updating this as more Memorial Day discounts are announced.
Memorial Day weekend is almost here, kicking off the Summer and a time to celebrate our servicemen and women. Make your day off from the daily grind special by getting crafty with your kids and creating something patriotic to display in your home. From seriously simple activities to projects that are perfect for older tots, this roundup of red, white, and blue crafts is perfect for showing your love of the great USA.