The long Memorial Day weekend has come to a close, but we can still reminiscence on our days in the sun with these beauty shots from our latest Instagram challenge. From neon nail polish and lips to bountiful waves and braids too, thank you for sharing your vacation with us.
And in case you're not already, please be sure to follow us on Instagram (@BellaSugar), too.
If you'd like to honor the men and women who have served our country or are in the process of doing so, one way of giving back is to donate to a charity that supports our troops. Many military charities exist, but these five have been rated as some of the most efficient organizations. Can't afford to donate? Visit your local veteran's hospital for volunteer opportunities.
We're happy to present this excerpt from one of our favorite sites, YourTango. Today, we have some thoughts on vacation sex.Memorial Day Weekend is upon us, ladies and gentlemen — 'tis the season to wear white jeans, indulge in a back yard barbeque and, of course, go on vacation.
Speaking of vacation, traveling can be quite the romantic experience. Sure, there is likely plenty of nagging, awkward sunburns and uncomfortable TSA frisking associated with getaways, but there's lots of sex involved, too, say the survey aficionados at Zoosk. They picked the brains of 1,500 Americans for their thoughts on travel, romance and — of course — sex.
Zoosk found that 69 percent of men and 72 percent of women think having sex while on vacation is better than doing it at home. Is sun and sand the reason we're so turned on while at the beach? Or, perhaps, the musty smell of a muggy hotel room in the Caribbean? Sadly, those questions aren't answered, but there's plenty to learn about the best — and worst — of couples vacations.
Getting there. As relaxing as lying on a beach with a cocktail in hand sounds, the preparation for vacation can cause copious amounts of stress, especially for couples. One-third of Americans worry that they'll be selected for an additional pat down (or worse) by the TSA before takeoff.
Where to go. The beach was the most popular destination for a romantic getaway, with 22 percent of the vote. A romantic city (Paris comes to mind) came in second with 19 percent, with cruises and "exotic, far-flung locales" tied at third with 15 percent each. Other romantic destinations included bed and breakfasts and camping, but we're having trouble associating the "best sex ever" with mosquito bites getting in the way.
For the rest of the article, head to YourTango: Hello, Memorial Day: Vacation Sex Is The Best Sex, Says America
Written by Lydia Belton for YourTango.
More from YourTango:
- Amazon: Up to 60 percent off select women's, men's, and children's clothing.
- Macy's: 15 percent off and free shipping with the code MEMDAY.
- Pottery Barn: Save up to 60 percent on hundreds of items, such as umbrellas, lanterns, outdoor rugs, and more.
- West Elm: Extra 15 percent off sales items with the promo code MEMDAY12.
- Nordstrom: Nordstorm's half yearly sale on women's and children's items.
- Bloomingdale's: Bloomingdale's Big Brown Sale offers discounts ranging from 20 to 65 percent.
- REI: Save up to 30 percent on clothing and outdoor and sports gear.
- Ikea: Deduct your restaurant charges when you purchase over $100 worth of home furnishings.
- Quiznos: Small Sub, regular fountain drink, and chips combo for $2.99 if you show this coupon.
- Tumi: Up to 40 percent off select items.
- Sears: Over 300 Memorial Day deals.
- JC Penney: Free shipping if you use the promo code JCPSHIP.
- Puma: 30 percent discount if you use the code PUMASAVE30. Also, for every $50 spent between now and May 31, you get $25 to spend during the month of June.
- Best Buy: 10 to 25 percent off major appliances.
- Kohl's: Up to 75 percent off select home items, and if you use the promo code SUMMER20, then you get 20 percent off.
- Ralph Lauren: Free shipping with promo code MAYFS12 and 25 percent off select sale items.
- Perry Ellis: 40 percent off all online purchases with the code PEMEMORIAL40.
Memorial Day is a great weekend to kick off the beginning of Summer. Keep the barbecue healthy by offering nutritious options that are low in calories. From a potato salad without mayo, to a guacamole made with edamame, these delicious dishes have something for everyone.
Israeli Couscous With Tomato, Feta, and Mint
Sweet and Sour Cucumbers
Potato Salad With Cornichons and Capers
Black Bean Veggie Dip
Mango Red Pepper Salsa
Grilled Chicken Skewers
Mango Grilled Shrimp
Grilled Veggie Pizza
Portobello Mushroom Burgers
What will you be serving or taking to your Memorial Day barbecue?
Source: Flickr User avlxyz
It seems like boating season unofficially begins on Memorial Day weekend with everyone headed to their lake houses, weekend river residences, or the beach. In different parts of the nation, boating accidents, injuries, and unfortunately fatalities are on the rise. Now that I've captured your attention, let's review a few tips on boating safety.
- Boater's fatigue is real, and it can wear you down. The US Coast Guard warns people about this condition, created by the combination of wind, noise, heat, and vibration of the boat. All these elements can mentally and physically fatigue boaters and subsequently impair their judgment.
- Personal flotation devices, otherwise known as life jackets, are vitally important for everyone on board the boat, be it a canoe or a speed boat. Some states even require children under a certain age to wear life jackets, so if the little ones complain about wearing the big orange life vest, tell them it's the law.
- Boating and alcohol don't mix. Alcohol impairs your judgment, balance, and coordination, affects your swimming and diving skills, and reduces your body's ability to stay warm. Coupled with boater's fatigue, folks on a boat will feel the effects of alcohol faster than they would on land. Plus, driving a boat while intoxicated is illegal.
- The wind can keep you cool and make you forget you're in the sun, but don't forget to reapply sunscreen every two hours and always after swimming. Lube up even if it's overcast since UV rays can still damage your skin through clouds.
- Watch the weather to keep an eye on local weather conditions, and be prepared for electrical storms. Water conducts electricity, so you don't want to find yourself on the open water during a lightning storm.
As the unofficial start of Summer, Memorial Day gives us a chance to remember our fallen soldiers, relax with family and friends, and bask in the notion that more festive holidays are right around the corner. Since the long weekend is fast approaching, we thought it more than necessary to round up some of our favorite party-perfect pieces for the holiday — and even better, they'll work well for the rest of your Summer celebrations too. Whether you're headed to the beach, a barbecue, or a fun brunch with the girls, we've got you covered. Just click through to see and shop 15 pieces to help you make your way stylishly through the long weekend.
It's finally here — the weekend where you pack up, suit up, or eat up to celebrate the start of warmer weather. For many, that also means packing up the car and heading somewhere to celebrate Memorial Day.
Staying healthy on vacation, no matter how short, can be difficult, especially when you're on the road. It's so easy to pull over and grab fast food or gas station fare instead of searching out healthier options, and sometimes packing your own snacks can take too much time to prepare.
If you're taking a road trip this weekend, will you be bringing healthier options with you, or will you be stopping for fast food? (If you need quick snack ideas, then check out these 150-calorie travel snack packs you can make fast!)