Whether you're headed to the big city, a remote beach, or planning an at-home BBQ, share your Memorial Day weekend with us through our latest Instagram challenge. Show us your Summer hairstyles, nails, and bright makeup, or snap photos of your favorite products for a warm weekend away. Just post your picture and tag #bellamemorialbeauty so your entry can be considered for our holiday recap on Tuesday (and check out our first Instagram challenge roundup for inspiration). Follow us on Instagram (@BellaSugar) to see our Memorial Day escapades, and we'll be looking for you, too.
A winning Memorial Day meal should be easy, fun, and certainly delicious. What better way to bring all those ideas together than with a tasty dip for your guests? To encourage you to go for a dip this Memorial Day, I've rounded up 28 dips — in honor of Memorial Day on May 28 — in order to get your creative juices flowing. You'll find something for every palate, from chili con queso to Greek salsa!
With Memorial Day weekend ahead, and your BBQ and rooftop cocktail hour plans set in motion, there's not a ton of time to think about what you'll be wearing. That's where we come in: we've culled four shoppable looks that will put you at the top of your off-duty styling game and take minimal effort to re-create. From a more laid-back version of evening glamour — breezy pleated skirts paired with slick sweatshirt toppers and floral wedges — to one beachy white maxi dress, perfect for your sunniest holiday adventures, just keep clicking to get inspired and shop our editors' Memorial Day styling tricks.
Planning on staging a dinner party in the great outdoors this Memorial Day weekend? If you need to add a little something — or a lot — to your outdoor dining decor, then we've got you covered. From chic, weather-resistant dining chairs to bohemian-inspired napkins, see what's fresh this season in our roundup. Let's get shopping!
Hopefully this weekend will involve some fun in the sun, but that doesn't have to be limited to sipping a frozen cocktail on a deck chair. To get you inspired for an outdoor sweat session, we've rounded up some fun fitness routines for the beach — check off your daily workout for the day while enjoying the sun!
- Fit and fast: Got 12 minutes? Do this simple CrossFit circuit workout as hard as you can. Bonus: after the intense session, all you have to do is take a dip in the sea!
- Leg up: Want to tone legs and thighs? This leg workout from a FitSugar reader helps save your knees from too many squats — and you can do the moves while laying out in the sun.
- On the ball: If you happen to have an exercise ball handy, this Kerri Walsh-approved full-body workout will get you in pro-athlete shape.
More beach workouts to inspire you after the break!
Just hearing the word "sales" can stir people up in a frenzy, especially during a holiday weekend. But just because something is discounted during a holiday weekend doesn't always necessarily mean it's actually a good deal. Dealnews, a site that scours the web for the best deals, gives the lowdown on the best and worst deals to expect this Memorial Day weekend.
- Apparel. Spring apparel will be on sale and if you use a holiday sales coupon on top of the discounted price, you'll find plenty of great deals. You'll also see discounts that will let you take an extra 30 to 50 percent off, says dealnews. Some clothing retailers that had great deals last year include Perry Ellis, Last Call Neiman Marcus, and ShopEcko.
- Home goods. Home goods are another sector to keep an eye out for. Last year, Designer Living, Pottery Barn, and West Elm had some of the best sales, so keep an eye on these brands.
- Electronics.Memorial Day is not the best time to buy electronics — dealnews calls it an "awkward period" for electronic goods.
- Summer-specific deals. Summer's about to start, which means less discounts for Summer-related goods. Items like patio furniture and grills will go on sale later on in the season, so wait for it!
With Memorial Day weekend almost here, it's prime time to look to celebs for outfit inspiration for all your fun activities. Whether you're hitting up the beach or a backyard barbecue or skipping town, these 10 fabulous celebrity ensembles will steer you in a stylish direction. We particularly love Emma's silk blouse and denim cutoffs, Jessica Alba's mix of bright colors, and Shay Mitchell's sweet floral frock. Click through to draw inspiration from them and many more celebs for a very fashionable Memorial Day weekend.
If your Memorial Day plans include entertaining guests with an outdoor barbecue, look no further than this classic, all-American celebration from Celebrations at Home for red, white, and blue inspiration. A basic BBQ menu paired with old-fashioned games and fun makes this a great way to kick off Summer with the entire family.
Happy Memorial Day!
Memorial Day — one of my favorite holidays of the year — is just weeks away. The reason why I love it? It means Summer is so close! Typically, my Memorial Day celebrations are made up of big BBQ bashes that make me feel both elated and nostalgic. If you too share this love of Memorial Day celebrations and want to make a meal to remember this year, I've got you covered with 10 classic cookbooks that will get you inspired to make something new and exciting. Click through and get excited to chow down.
Bring on the patriotic pride this weekend! While mom and dad get the grill ready for a season of old-fashioned barbecues, lil ones can join in the festive spirit with some red, white, and blue treats that will excite children of any age. From cakes and cookies to popsicles and drinks, these all-American sweets will add some sparkle to your holiday menu!