- What to expect from Anthony Bourdain's new book, Medium Raw. — Grub Street NY
- A retrospective of the decade's best cookbooks. — Eat Me Daily
- Top Chef contestant Eli is leaving Atlanta and moving to New York City. — Eater
- How cute is this Cookie Monster-themed child's birthday? — Hostess With the Mostess
- Is there an edible cure for insomnia? — The Epi-Log
- Tips for making your food gifts more environmentally friendly. — Serious Eats
- An inside look at San Francisco's latest food war.— Chow
- Participate in every food blogger's favorite holiday charity, Menu For Hope 6— Chez Pim
- A day in the life of Top Chef wannabe, Jamie Lauren.
- A day in the life of Top Chef wannabe, Jamie Lauren. — 7x7
- Food Network Studios to host a series of public tours. — Serious Eats
- The best cuts of meat for braising. — The Kitchn
- Sara Dickerman, Dorie Greenspan, and David Lebovitz discuss what exactly makes a cookie a cookie. — Slate
- Learn how to eat healthy at holiday parties. — The Epi-Log
- Ring in the New Year with 24 drinks from all over the world. — Chow
- Food bloggers unite for the fifth annual Menu of Hope fundraiser. — Chez Pim
This year is the fourth year that food bloggers around the world have gotten together to raise money to support the UN World Food Programme. The event is called Menu For Hope and last year they raised nearly $63,000.
Organized by Chez Pim, the raffle event runs for 10 days — now until Dec. 21 — and this year all money collected will go to the UNWFP's school lunch program in Lesotho, Africa.
So how do you donate and why would you want to?
Well, besides the warm fuzzy feeling you'll have inside, donating money will actually give you the chance to win a bunch of awesome prizes. Food bloggers around the world have come up with great prizes for you to choose from. Each raffle ticket costs $10, and you choose which prize you'd like to try and take home. The prizes cover the complete foodie gamut: cookbooks, meals out, kitchen gadgets and everything in between.
Here are some of the prizes I'd like to win:
- EU31: A personal tour of elBulli kitchen laboratory with Ferran Adria
- UE19: NYC Pizza Tour for 2 from SliceNY
- UW10: Dinner for 2 with wine pairing and a private tour of Manresa biodynamic garden with the chef, David Kinch from Chez Pim
- UW03: Your choice of three cookbooks from Ten Speed Press, from the Bunrab
- UC06: Four Indian cookbooks with spice tin, spices, Indian teas, and assorted dals from Tigers and Strawberries
- UW26: $100 Gift Certificate to Chuao Chocolatier from Candy Blog
- AP07: A bag of the world's hottest chillies, homegrown in Nagaland, India from Rambling Spoon
- EU17: Kitchen Aid stand mixer with ice cream attachment + David's latest cookbook from David Lebovitz
This is just a small sampling from a huge list of prizes. Be sure to check it out and donate to win! Visit Chez Pim for a full list of prizes and details on how to enter.
- Get creative with your holiday baking by making your own colored sugars. — Baking Bites
- Donate to Menu for Hope and you could win some fantastic prizes. — Chez Pim
- Oranges stuck with cloves make for a beautiful and festive table decoration. — lilsugar
- Tired of having to scrape down the mixing bowl? Try this new SideSwipe Spatula Mixer Blade. — the kitchn
- Here's a list of healthy goodies that make great stocking stuffers. — FitSugar
- Here are ten tips on how to buy organic in the winter. — Culinate
- This beautiful red and white table cloth works all year round. — CasaSugar
- Does your eater have everything already? Here's a gift guide for the eater with everything. — Serious Eats
- And finally, a list of food-related organizations for charitable giving. — Chow