This year's Menu for Hope managed to raise $91,188. Pim has posted the entire list of winners, so find out if you were one of the lucky ones! — Chez Pim
This year is the fourth year that food bloggers around the world have gotten together to raise money to support the UN World Food Programme. The event is called Menu For Hope and last year they raised nearly $63,000.
Organized by Chez Pim, the raffle event runs for 10 days — now until Dec. 21 — and this year all money collected will go to the UNWFP's school lunch program in Lesotho, Africa.
So how do you donate and why would you want to?
Well, besides the warm fuzzy feeling you'll have inside, donating money will actually give you the chance to win a bunch of awesome prizes. Food bloggers around the world have come up with great prizes for you to choose from. Each raffle ticket costs $10, and you choose which prize you'd like to try and take home. The prizes cover the complete foodie gamut: cookbooks, meals out, kitchen gadgets and everything in between.
Here are some of the prizes I'd like to win:
- EU31: A personal tour of elBulli kitchen laboratory with Ferran Adria
- UE19: NYC Pizza Tour for 2 from SliceNY
- UW10: Dinner for 2 with wine pairing and a private tour of Manresa biodynamic garden with the chef, David Kinch from Chez Pim
- UW03: Your choice of three cookbooks from Ten Speed Press, from the Bunrab
- UC06: Four Indian cookbooks with spice tin, spices, Indian teas, and assorted dals from Tigers and Strawberries
- UW26: $100 Gift Certificate to Chuao Chocolatier from Candy Blog
- AP07: A bag of the world's hottest chillies, homegrown in Nagaland, India from Rambling Spoon
- EU17: Kitchen Aid stand mixer with ice cream attachment + David's latest cookbook from David Lebovitz
This is just a small sampling from a huge list of prizes. Be sure to check it out and donate to win! Visit Chez Pim for a full list of prizes and details on how to enter.