Highlights from the Diane von Furstenberg runway at the Fall 2010 New York Fashion Week. A bit of disco, retro flair with pop colors, prints, and bright floral chiffon. Gold lamé was all over the collection - from vests to mini-dresses. The collection also included an embellished variation of her famous wrap dress with sparkles and ruffled tiers.
While I've never met a crab cake I didn't like, when I make them at home, I prefer to use a traditional Maryland-style recipe. My grandfather was born in Baltimore and his cakes are always wildly delicious, but insanely simple. Stirring in too many seasonings takes away from the pure flavor of the crab. Garnished with a dollop of garlicky aioli, these cakes are light and satisfying, and pair with everything from a glass of wine to an icy beer.
They're exceptional with fresh crab; however, if you don't have access to it, Costco sells a stellar can of crabmeat. Get the recipe.
I'm a sucker for minis and always look for recipes that shrink a dish to individual portions. This recipe for mini meat loaves does just that! Instead of making one large loaf and slicing it into pieces, give each member of your family a mini meat loaf patty.
With help from a premade tomato sauce, these meat loaves come together quickly and simply. Tender crisp green beans round out the menu for this comforting classic meal. For the recipe, read more
- Get to know Toby Young, Gail Simmon's replacement judge on the second half of Top Chef 5.— Metromix New York
- Eat less by making mini desserts. — The Kitchn
- Start planning now for the ultimate foodie Super Bowl. — The Epi-Log
- Is it OK to answer your cell phone during dinner? — Chow
- Creative sipping: do it yourself wine glasses. — Hostess With the Mostess
- What to do with leftover wine. — Serious Eats
- Meet the cheftestants on Food Network's upcoming culinary competition, Chopped. — Eat Me Daily
When I picture a bridal shower, a dainty miniature dessert comes to mind. A bite sized dessert is perfect for a shower where an all female crowd will not want to consume anything too heavy or rich.
These luscious looking, little lemon meringue pies are tiny and delectable. Serve after opening presents or playing games with purchased chocolate truffles, sparkling wine, and tea.