The debate over whether a gas or electric oven is better may not be a new controversy, but this burning question always manages to get people going. Interested in which is more eco-friendly or chef-worthy? Keep reading for a little more information about the difference between gas and electric ovens.
Now that I've been living in my apartment for a few months, I've learned some things about it. For example, the entire kitchen gets extremely hot when the oven is on. I've never experienced an oven like it. When doing a lot of cooking for a dinner party, I have to put on shorts because I get so hot and sweaty with the oven on! I know turning an oven on will generally heat a kitchen slightly, but mine is pretty severe. Does anyone else have an overly active oven?
We love Slashfood so much that every Thursday we round up their most delicious stories. Here are this week's finds:
- Learn how to get free drinks at your local watering hole.
- 75 percent frosting, 25 percent cake!
- Do you write notes in your cookbooks?
- The New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys want you to eat better when at the ballpark.
- Radicchio is in season; it pairs perfectly with raisins and pine nuts.
- How important is it to preheat your oven?
- It's a great time to enjoy pumpkin ale.