I recently asked FitSugar Facebook readers, "Have any tips on how you make your sandwiches healthier?" There were so many excellent responses, I just had to share. If you're a sandwich lover, but not the high calories and fat sandwiches can contain, check how you can fix yourself a more healthy sandwich.
- "Cut your portions. If you'd have a whole, make it a half, pile on the veggies and lean protein. Add some fruit along side or baked, whole grain tortilla chips with salsa. — Audrey
- "Use mustard or avocado instead of mayo." — Lexie
- "Hummus instead of mayo!" — Kendall
- "Lots of greens!" — Emily
- "I make a condiment from sweet bell peppers, onions. garlic, olive oil, vinegar, assorted herbs, salt (if you like), black pepper. Grind in blender into a paste and spread on toast." — Migdalia
- "Wrap your sandwiches in Swiss chard or romaine lettuce instead of a flour wrap for some added veggie goodness!" — Allison