POPSUGAR's September Must Have box was full of amazing products, and we're giving you a closer look at everything inside! Our editors hand-selected items like an awesome scarf from celebrity-trusted brand Brokedown, a tropical makeup palette from our friends at Benefit, and a few food items perfect for your pantry. We hope you love the box, and if you've yet to join in on the fun, then sign up for POPSUGAR Must Have to receive our hand-picked goodies at your doorstep!
If you still have a few things you haven't checked off your shopping list after Labor Day shopping, be on the alert for certain items that tend to go on sale in September. Dealnews, a site that scours the web for great sales, shares the best and worst deals to expect this month.
Get it this month
- Bedding. Take note of bedding deals, as those tend to be very strong this month. There are good discounts on mattresses as well.
- Coffee. On National Coffee Day, Sept. 29, many chains will offer free coffee. So keep your eyes peeled for special promotions.
- Older iPhone models. If the iPhone 5 is announced this month as many are expecting, the older models will probably see a slash in pricing. Dealnews says the iPhone 4s can even drop to $99 if they follow old pricing patterns.
- Airfare. The cheapest airfare was seen in late September last year when airlines offered some of their best prices such as $1 one-way tickets on Spirit and Vision airlines and $29 one-way tickets for JetBlue.
- Solid State Drives. SSDs are a great bargain and will continue to be so. Newegg.com is a good source to hunt for SSD deals.
- Sunglasses. Sales for sunglasses start this month but will go to the end of the year.
Wait on It
- Jeans. Sales for jeans will start this month, but Dealnews says you will see steeper discounts in October.
- Patio furniture. Although September is a good month for patio furniture deals, prices are expected to drop to their lowest next month.
- HDTVs. The best HDTV deals will most likely be seen in November during the holidays.
- Ivy Bridge-Based Laptops. Wait a few more weeks for prices on Ivy Bridge-Based laptops to drop while Microsoft prepares for its Windows 8 launch in late October.
It feels like just yesterday we were dusting off our outdoor tables and washing out the popsicle molds, so it's hard to believe that it's already time to think about Fall. But, September starts today! Wondering what we're crazy about this month? Here are our must haves.
Just in case you were curious, apparently September is:
- Food Allergy Awareness Month
- National Yoga Awareness Month (In case there's anyone out there who isn't already acutely aware of it)
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Prostate Cancer Awareness Month (So as not to be sexist)
- National Atrial Fibrillation Awareness Month
- Cholesterol Education Month (Let's all pledge to learn a little more about cholesterol this month, shall we?)
- Childhood Cancer Month
- Reye's Syndrome Awareness Month (No clue)
Ahhh . . . but there's more. To raise your awareness on all the health issues of September please visit Outside Eye for the rest of the list. And while you're at it, why not start your own OnSugar blog?
School's back in session! Books and supplies aside, I've rounded up some of my favorite products to help kick off your family's return to class. From pencil socks to a recycled boombox, we have some creative and educational finds. Check them out!
Welcome to September, one of the most exciting months of the year for beauty and fashion. It's a time of new palettes, new products, and new trends that are sure to delight and get you in the mood for the cool weather to come. So what should you be looking out for this month? We've gathered 10 of our favorite ways to launch yourself into the new season stylishly.
Whether you want to be inspired by a chic interiors book or lounge on a gorgeous limited-edition chaise, there are lots of fabulous finds in store for you this month. If shopping isn't on your to-do list, there's also a fab new hotel to visit for an early Fall getaway. Check out all of my September must haves!
For me, the arrival of September is always bittersweet. Bitter because it's the end of my favorite season; sweet because it's my birthday month and I like to treat myself to multiple celebrations! Since students return to school, September is also a time of getting back to the basics. The weather turns cooler and as we welcome Fall, the grill is retired in favor of more slow-cooked methods. To make the transition more tolerable, we've rounded up the items we can't live with out: here are our must haves.
Is it that time again? It's the first of the month, so I'm here to dish on all my latest obsessions. And this time around, they're fully Fall oriented. After all, Sept. 21 is the first official day of the new season. Once you enter, you'll be greeted by a little bit of army green, spunky, silky red — which I'll be pairing with camel! — mega sparkle, a gorgeous bra, some sheer, leopard, and a nod to the new, longer, '50s-inspired hemline. I'm hoping you all will be on my wavelength too!
Campaign news: Karen Elson will appear in ads for Balenciaga and Louis Vuitton, Daria Werbowy will return for Yves Saint Laurent, Karlie Kloss has renewed agreements with Oscar de la Renta and Christian Dior, and Miranda Kerr lands Prada and Jil Sander.
Halle Berry is rumored to be this September's Vogue cover girl. Her fragrance, Reveal, comes out in August.
Megan Salt has been named Vogue's director of public relations, taking over responsibilities from Patrick O'Connell.